Help w/t Alpine 9835 cutting off!!!!!!!!

Samp

I was just wondering why my alpine 9835 cuts off for a sec when i crank my system to loud. I wouldn't mind if it was cutting off at a very extreme level, but it cuts out right when i get it loud enough to really hit hard and not come close to damaging anything. Is this a feature that Alpine uses to protect my speakers or is this something to do w/t my unit not being able to handle the watts " which isn't a whole lot....2 punch 12's pushed by a Directed 600D amp & 4 Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 mids and highs. Please help b/c it's cutting off right when it starts to sound really good

Thanks

No its when i play CD's / MP3's....from what i've heard that unit has a kill defualt when it thinks the speakers might get damaged or what not....doesn't make since....i've been told that i need a capacitor...not sure thats the prob though

make sure u wire it to your battery not just your ignition power etc...

u need like 10 gauge wire from the battery to the head unit...

used to happen on my old 7893... with surtain songs when it was pounding cause u could see it dimmer has it thumped....

then i ran a wire from the battery... problem solved...

and i got a 9835 now i havent had any problems with it yet...

if you are using the internal amp then its clipping and cutting off. If you are not using the internal amp then be sure to turn it to off. I had a 9813 and everyone said you had to use a 10 gauge power wire. WRONG. I did not use the internal amp and my deck always ran at 27-29 volume and it never burped.

Your voltage is probably cutting low. Alpines dont like real low or real high voltage and will cut off to prevent damage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Samp

Samp
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mattj