Help please

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just bought some new stuff and still need a couple more items. I'm stationed overseas so I have to order online. I was on the phone with ikesound and after figuring out what I wanted, turns out they don't ship to APO!

The stores over here are limited so I bought some JVC stuff. I was skeptical because I've never heard anything about their car audio. I've had a lot of setups in the past and was set on Boston pros, alpine or JL amps and JL sub. But I'm getting impatient and just want almost any kind of setup at this point just to get some audio in the car I just bought (91 BWM 535i) since it only has one speaker working and a tape deck. I have searched all over the web trying to find opinions before I bought but could not find ANY. Can you guys tell me what you know of their speakers? Below is what I have so far...

JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D

JVC KD-ABT22

JVC CS-FS6

JVC CS-HX647X

A friend pointed out to me that the deck does not have a sub pre-out. But he said I could use a 2 or 3 way external crossover. I have no idea what that is. But I know I would like sub control. Any ideas on that?

Also, I still need a 4 channel amp for the door speakers and I need a sub to match up to the AR7501d. If you guys had to do these matchups, what do you think is the best setup. I also need to find a sub with a box. I can spend about 400 dollars at this point. If I were going to build one, supplies are a pain to find here and expensive. I want to do the install myself so can you also tell me which wiring kits I need to do this? All of this is going in a 91 BMW 5 series....

Sorry for such a long first post...and Hi BTW....

for me your post is kinda confuses me, jvc is a good brand for the money just try to simplify what your doing.

Cant you just connect your amp to your hu and adjust your sub that way, or turn up the bass on ur hu's eq. If jvc is all you can get then I would think that you try it out, there arsenal line is suppose to be good.

I guess its hard for people to respond becuase they are not sure what you can actually get over where you are at

Well, let me start over then...

Here's everything that is going in...

JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D

JVC KD-ABT22

JVC CS-FS6

JVC CS-HX647X

Crunch gtr250.4

And this sub. http://www.Caraudio-Versand.de - Hifonics ZX12BPi Zeus [startseite - Katalog - Subwoofer - 30 cm Subwoofer - Hifonics]

Which brings me to my final question. My sub is a little underpowered for the sub so do you think it can still sound ok or will it be really bad....?

Well, let me start over then...
Here's everything that is going in...

JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D

JVC KD-ABT22

JVC CS-FS6

JVC CS-HX647X

Crunch gtr250.4

And this sub. http://www.Caraudio-Versand.de - Hifonics ZX12BPi Zeus [startseite - Katalog - Subwoofer - 30 cm Subwoofer - Hifonics]

Which brings me to my final question. My sub is a little underpowered for the sub so do you think it can still sound ok or will it be really bad....?
what do you mean??

I meant to say AMP at the beginning of that sentence...not sub.

Do you not think the JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D is not "Enough" for that sub? That's one of the problems. I don't know this stuff at all. I have just now (in the last few days) been trying to read about matching subs to amps. Since that sub is 500 RMS and the amp is 400 rms, is that a problem as far as the sub not sounding (

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.