help please with porting

Participant count
  • Participant list

jinx8402
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
me and my bro are making a ported box for a brahma and have a few q's. before displacement we have a box of 1.869...ft^3...dimensions of 15x16x18 with 3/4 in mdf.

this is the max size we have to make the box because it is going where a previous box was, but will be about 4 inches deeper. now here are the questions: we want 2 different ports, one for comp and one for daily driving, of 40hz and 33hz respectively. using winisd pro we get 4x8.35 for 40 and 4x13.64. but this is before displacement, so i know this is wrong. if someone cane please help us, this is our first time building a ported box. we would like to keep either 1 4" round port or 2 smaller ports, which ever is easiest. thanks for any help

Adire Audio Brahma 12"-

Box volume- 1.869 cu ft. tuned to 40 hz

Port- 4"x8.35"

Estimated peak- 44.62 Hz

1.869 cu ft tuned to 33 hz

port- 4"x13.64"

Estimated peak- 38.31 hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.