help on deciding an hu

Participant count
  • Participant list

nas786
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hi guys

i'm kinda new to this stuff, and have asked this question many times, but never got a straight answer

if i'm going to run aftermarket amps for all my speakers, what difference does the head unit make??

what are the things i am going to look for when deciding what head unit to go with??

i plan on running three amps, usamp1000x (1000 watts at 4 ohms bridged), usamp400x (2X100 watts at 4 ohms), and another amp for my coax (somewhere at about 2X75 watts)....so if this gives any insight as to what i should look for.

i just want to know what hu would be best, i would hate to spend $$ on amps and speakers and all that, but limit my system cuz of a crappy hu.

i have no clue as to how much to spend actually, i'll probably just look around for a deal

but, i want to know, if i'm planning to run 3 amps of the hu, then the hu must have certain things, right, in order to be able to run these things off of it....i'm really not sure

so, would i need an hu that has 3 seperate rca outlets, so that it plugs into 3 amps??

as you can tell, i'm quite lost

o, i'm thinking that i might get a touchscreen, if i find a deal on a used one

ok, cool....actually, i think i worded the thread in a bad way....i don't actually want suggestions on which hu to buy, i just wanted to know what would be necessary in the head unit i buy, thanks for the info

do monitors usually come with those three outputs??

o crap, i just realized, i forgot to ask ....

how does headunit affect the overall quality of the system??

i'm running aftermarket amps and aftermarket battery, the only connection is from the hu output to the amps, but does this make a difference as far as sq or spl??

so what tells me that the headunit is good, or if its going to handicap my system?

generally if its a good brand name eg alpine/eclipse/pioneer/etc... and one of there higher models it will b good, not 1 feature makes it good its a compilation of everything, pre-out voltage, sensitivity, eq settings, etc......

ok, which one is better??

preout voltage of 5.0 v and resistance 80 ohms

or

preout voltage of 4.0 v and resistance of 100 ohms

...right now i'm thinking the 5 volts, but i'm not sure if higher resistence is better for running to amps

how big of a difference does the preamp voltage make??

i'm looking at two decks, one has 4v(clarion DXZ945MP) and one has 6.5v(premier deh-p960mp)....i like the looks of the clarion a lot more, but the pioneer premier has higher preout voltage, and i really want to get the full potential out of my system. does that 1.5v really make any type of noticable difference??

both cost the same, so price does not play an issue here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.