Help need with enclosure for crew cab nissan titan

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi just joined the forum and i was looking for help with subwoofer setup in my crew cab titan.

In my last titan i lifted the seats up 3 inches and made a box for 4 memphis br 12's sealed with polyfill, but the problem was i didnt really like the seat lift because when people sat in the back they were too high up and almost hit the top of the truck. Also to get good sound out of them i had double the power and it hit the high bass notes pretty well but not the lows, im guessing because of the lack of airspace .

So for my new titan i want something different if possible i would like to avoid the seat lift i want something as loud if possible as my last setup but to be able to hit lows and highs.

Does anyone have ideas to what i could do? some ideas i have would be:

1 sundown 12 ported without seat lift or very minimal seat lift

2 sundown 10 ported without seat lift or very minimal

2 memphis br 12 ported with seat lift

1 memphis br 12 ported without seat lift if possible

maybe 2 sundown 8s ported without seat lift if it get loud

or 4 sundown 8s sealed or if possible ported

My truck has almost as much space as a crew cab chevy under the seat. i attached a picture of the dimensions i have without a seat lift, if possible i would like to stick to 12s as i think 10 have a different sound and im not sure yet about the 8s, would one sundown 12 ported be able to match the 4 memphis br12 sealed? that is if i could find a way to fit it under the seat

box%20mesurments_zpssk7z7lvq.jpeg

Hey!

We have a bit less space to work with under our seats compared to the Chevy (I've got an 05 Silverado and a 2011 Titan CC)

But we have just enough space to work with for 2 8's. Anything more than that under the seat isn't worth it as it's not ideal space/firing option.

I've metered a number of setups under our seats and firing two 8's forward and port to the side has been the most successful. I'm in the process of doing 4 8's under the seat but they will be overpowered by quite a bit.

I had a lot of help deciding which route to go from CSCStang and he definitely knows his stuff. I've got a few CAD designs I've mocked up if you'd like to see them and get some info.

I'm currently running two Soundqubed HDS208's powered by a SAZ 2500 and they are taking it like champs.

Our trucks are terrible for vibration/rattle though. The roof sounds like it's a thin sheet of aluminum and the plastic sunglass holders are cheaply made. Prepare to find vibrations and fix them.

Box is the single most important factor in how the driver will sound. You can have a 10 that gets lower than a 15. Don't pay so much attention to the size of driver, pay attention to optimal air space and orientation.

so would 1 12 ported not be good idea? i really like the sound of 12's or would the 8's sound just as good? and yes if i could see the box mock ups that would be very helpful thank you. i have made sealed boxes before but haven't really messed with ported enclosures

also theres a guy one the titantalk forum that sells a box for 2 ported 10 that states its one of the loudest setups but im not sure i really like the lound of 10s

How much would i need to raise it? is it because the woofer wont fit or because theres not enough air space?
Simply not enough volume for a proper 12 enclosure.

It's hard to define pretty loud, but it will sound much better than the 12 or other configurations.

The SA8's use a 2" voice coil so if you want to be louder and be able to throw more power I'd suggest looking into a 2.5" voice coil sub.

With that being said I've ran two SA8's on a Sundown 1500 @ 1 before and they handled it well.

I'm on Titan Talk as well. I've done a number of designs and boxes for people over there (on facebook page mainly but sometimes on the forum)

Tech12Volt also makes a nice box for 8's as well for our trucks if you want one already done.

Simply not enough volume for a proper 12 enclosure.
It's hard to define pretty loud, but it will sound much better than the 12 or other configurations.

The SA8's use a 2" voice coil so if you want to be louder and be able to throw more power I'd suggest looking into a 2.5" voice coil sub.

With that being said I've ran two SA8's on a Sundown 1500 @ 1 before and they handled it well.

I'm on Titan Talk as well. I've done a number of designs and boxes for people over there (on facebook page mainly but sometimes on the forum)

Tech12Volt also makes a nice box for 8's as well for our trucks if you want one already done.
Well whatever pair of woofers i do i would run them with an autotek 6000 im not sure how much rms it puts out at 1 ohm but it over powered the memphis br's and would the 2 8s be on par or louder than tech12volts ported 10 enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.