Help, My Coaxials Distort!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jonB
10+ year member

So i have cdt comps in the front and i like them at this volume and i only have a 2 channel amp ($$). So...my boston rallys in the rear distort like crazy even when i only run them off the amp and i dont want to run them off the deck cause i like the imaging i got now i just dont like that i cant take the volume past 15 at the mid level i have at 200hz...perhaps its time to replace them? I want some coax that wont distort easy how are these cyrstal audio csx615?

Your question was kind of confusing, when they distort are you running them off the HU or the 2ch Amp? if its off the amp the gain may be too high, also if its off the hu or the amp make sure you don't have the bass cranked up in the equalizer settings, but you also don't mention what size the boston speakers are, even 6.5's won't go below 55hz usually and if its any smaller than that, that is the reason your speakers are distorting, try setting the HPF on yoru hu ify ou have one or get some bass blockers.

Your question was kind of confusing, when they distort are you running them off the HU or the 2ch Amp? if its off the amp the gain may be too high, also if its off the hu or the amp make sure you don't have the bass cranked up in the equalizer settings, but you also don't mention what size the boston speakers are, even 6.5's won't go below 55hz usually and if its any smaller than that, that is the reason your speakers are distorting, try setting the HPF on yoru hu ify ou have one or get some bass blockers.

running off the amp...the thing is on my 9807 alpine hu i got the x-over set to around 200hz and bass to about 4 exactly where i like it. The CDT classics handle this no problem its the boston coax's in teh bcak that are distorting like mad so i figured they needed replacing they're maybe 5-6 years old. Wouldnt getting new coax that can take higher rms solve this issue? Or is this a spl problem?

running off the amp...the thing is on my 9807 alpine hu i got the x-over set to around 200hz and bass to about 4 exactly where i like it. The CDT classics handle this no problem its the boston coax's in teh bcak that are distorting like mad so i figured they needed replacing they're maybe 5-6 years old. Wouldnt getting new coax that can take higher rms solve this issue? Or is this a spl problem?

OH BTW the boston rallys are 5 3/4....so the cdt mids i got in front are 6.5" and actually the rears on the RSx are made for 6.5" so maybe getting 6.5" coax would resolve this issue of distortion? The 5 3/4 fit cause the spacer around them is larger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.