HELP for my son's Alpine Head-Unit - blackout mode

#1bugsbunnyfan
10+ year member

We just got my son a car (1994 Mercedes E420) which has an Alpine CDA-7840 head unit. The stereo is GREAT, however it seems to go into "blackout" mode and, without the manual, we're not sure how to get the screen out of it. I've tried looking for a manual online, but have not had any luck. Can anyone help? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It has the words "blackout", but it's above the MUTE button...there must be another button (like a function key) to press with it, but I've tried all and can't figure it out....any further advice? and, thanks for the quick response, it's greaty appreciated.

It has the words "blackout", but it's above the MUTE button...there must be another button (like a function key) to press with it, but I've tried all and can't figure it out....any further advice? and, thanks for the quick response, it's greaty appreciated.
Did you try pressing and holding that button...like for 5-7seconds?

NG

It seems I have to be an authorized dealer to get help, or am I missing something?Thanks for the quick response,

~Linda

Ah, I see where I click without login...looking now. Last time I tried that, the site wasn't functioning. Thanks.

just press and hold all the buttons on the face(not at the same time). one of them does it.
Actually, I just found the Owner's Manual on Alpine's site (which wasn't working the last time I visited). I'm searching now...AND I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW.

I was searching for you, and would have had it by now...but Firefox **** itself loading that PDF. Don't know why either.
NG
Yeah, well, I got it and downloaded it and you know what it says? It says to PRESS THE BLACKOUT BUTTON....WHAT? THERE IS NO BLACKOUT BUTTON. What a riot.

the manual says to press and hold blackout for 2 seconds

I was searching for you, and would have had it by now...but Firefox **** itself loading that PDF. Don't know why either.
NG
worked for me

To original poster...go to alpine1.com then go to support....when it bring you to that screen it will give you the option to "continue without login"....click that go the manuals the acrhived cd players and then to your model //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would just post a direct link but it wont let me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.