Help for a dumbass to wire a system

• Thread starter Snapnakk
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
S

Snapnakk

hey to start, sorry about bothering any of ya but im new to this and need some help to get started. Please i would like as many replys as possible.

equipment :

rockford deck with 3 4volt per-out (front, rear, & sub)

3 10" kicker comp vr (in triple sealed box)mtx mono input box

500 WATTS EACH AND DUAL VOICE COIL (DVC)

1900 watt boss 2ch war amp

I am goin to buy a amp kit but i need to know how to wire the woofers to amp and amp to deck and so on. Also what about wiring a second amp for my rear speakers and run the front off my deck.

any suggestions are welcome and very much needed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks erik

it's not that hard to install an amp and subs it just takes time. Here are some steps you should take to install it.

WARNING: IF THIS SEEMS TO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO DO I SUGGEST HAVING A PRO INSTALL IT FOR YOU.

1)disconnect the postive wire from your battery(protects yourself and yours from a shock, or short). WARNING DO NOT TOUCH THE POSITIVE WIRE WITH THE NEGATIVE WIRE DOING SO MAY BE HAZERDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH!!

2)this step differs from person to person. but you could run the power line from the fuse box or you could run it straight from the battery. i chose the fuse box so it won't run down the battery so hard. Also make sure your fuse block(on the power line) is as close to the power source as possible(ie: fuse box, or battery)

3) Drill a hole in your fire wall and run the line back to your amp. don't connect just yet. Also you're gonna have to remove some of the cars panels to make it a clean install.

4) next find a source to ground the amp. i suggest grounding it to the frame of you vehicle. but before you do that make sure the area has been filed down so that there is no paint, rust or dirt on the spot. Note; make sure your amp is as close to grounding spot as possible.

5) remove your head unit and find a wire that is usual labled remote line. connect the thin , most of the time, blue wire to it and solder it or use electrical tape.

6) while your head unit is out plug your RCA into the connector piece labled sub output, put your head unit back into place but don't secure it just yet

7)run the remote line and the RCAs down the opposite side of the car relative to your power line. so if your power line is running down the right side of your car, run the RCAs down the left side.

8)connect the ground, power and remote line to your amp.

9)connect the RCAs to your amp.

10) secure your amp to the car.

11) now for your subs, you could run the wiring a number of ways, thats the beauty of DVC subs. but bc of the ratio of subs to amps, 3:1 and the load your amp can handle, your probally gonna wanna wire them in parrel-series. here is a diagram for ya. this will give you a 2.66 ohm impedence which should be safe for your amp. make sure that this is done right. notice how the terminals are on each side of the sub. yours should be the same. just keep that in mind when wiring

12) connect the postive wire back to the wire and test it. if all goes well, secure the HU back into the dash and enjoy

I hope this has helped, and if you have any ?s just email me at Kyball13@caraudio.com

hey it sounds like u got a pretty nice stereo getup there theres only one thing u did wrong, "BOSS??????" what were u thinking, look at the rms ratings on that beast, i can tell u right now, it may look big, and say its big, but sorry to burst your bubble, its not, get a real amp, then you'll be rockin, like say, Alpine, Blaupunkt, MTX, Rockford, or Eclipse. good luck on the wiring

most new amps, even cheap crappy one come with manuals and installation instyructions... i love reading manuals =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.