help difference between Eclipse 8455 & Alpine 9855

I did like my alpine 9853 to the P.O.S. decided one day to not work. Now I have to listen to the same **** cd until next week or later before Ultimate can get another one. I hate those dumbf#^&s.

I was at the stereo shop for hours messing with the 9855 and 8455 side by side. ended up with the 8455. the glide touch p*ssed me off after about 5 minutes or less.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

imo i wouldn't waste my time nor money getting the alpine 9855, i heard teh scroll technology is a waste of time. you MIGHT want to overlook the eclipse too .
you may want to consider alpine 9835 or even the 9815 and if you really want to save money get the 9815 as all of the performance (specs) technology is the same on teh alpine decks, which is kind of sad. you're getting the 2005 model wow, YET what can it do for my speakers that the last 3 years models can't? UMM nothin
The 9815 and 9835 don't really have the same performance. The 9815 was released during the "gutless alpine pre out" phase they went through for at least 2 years. The 9835 from reports I have read on the forums, has stronger pre outs than the 9815(regardless of what the rating is).

Now as to the question at hand, I would take the Eclipse over alpine....just think Eclipse makes a better sounding deck to my ears. The only thing ANYBODY can do is try to check out both and see what they think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.