Help deciding on 2 8"s or 1 10"

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay, so I'm going to building a box for my daughters Tacoma soon, and I'd love to hear some opinions. I've done some rough measurements, and it looks like I can squeeze about 1.5 cf out of a box, maybe just a touch more. This will be for a daily driver, so I would like middle of the road for her....hard hitting but sounds good. I was looking at an x10, but would like to hear your opinions.

Would 2 SA8's be better? It gives me more box cushion

Would that 1.5 cf be better suited to give an x8 a little more room?

Given that size what would you tune to?

Also, I'm looking to pick up whatever corresponding amp from sundown, so they won't be underpowered.....ill err on the side of too much, not too little.

Thanks!

That's gonna be a tough decision.

What's the budget on this build?

The x8 would be ideal....as you can get them for 115 or so from the sundown yardsale. Someone also did a review on the x8 on the product reviews thread.

I'm not looking to spend a crazy amount, but my original plan was buy and x10 and a scv2000, so anything around that price would be reasonable.

So you think the x8? I'll go hit up the review right now.

I'm not looking to spend a crazy amount, but my original plan was buy and x10 and a scv2000, so anything around that price would be reasonable.
So you think the x8? I'll go hit up the review right now.
What's the rear height, slope of the box going to be? Assuming this will be an under bench enclosure? Might be extremely tight to fit x8s or even sa8s. I'd go with sd8v2 if you can.

It's going in between the rear jump seats in a Tacoma access cab. The height is like 22"and it'll be rouhly10-12" deep depending on how I build it. I'll try and get a pic up of what I'm going for.

I myself would place a Sound Qubed HDS210 in that amount of space along with a PPI 1000.1D and call it a day.In 1.4-5@32-36 HTZ would get down pretty nice,and not take up a whole lot of room or configuring..Just my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.