• Participant list

This Guy38

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I bought the JL GM-D8701 Mono amp..
I’m sure your aware of the parameters
300W x 1 x 4ohm
500W x 1 x 2ohm
800W x 1 x 1ohm..
So I also got two Kicker 10” C104 SVC Subs and I’m putting them into a Dual 10” box in my silverado crew cab under the back seat.. The box is ported with 1.12 cu space per sub..
So my question is... The subs I bought are rated at 300W peak (150 RMS) and I know I would have to run them in parallel to get a 4ohm final impedance.. is that ok? Or are they the wrong subs for my application? Cause I would have to return the subs and get 2 DVC kicker CVR102 2ohm subs.. and then I would hook those up for a final 2ohm impedance because they are rated at 700W peak ( 350 RMS)... Please help me decide.. I HAVE NOT HOOKED ANYTHING UP.. Trying to do as much research as possible to get the best quality as possible and not spend an arm and a leg lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.