Help confirm or debunk my choice, which 10" for my application... RE, FI, ID, what?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stockwes
10+ year member

Portland
Ok, i am putting in a system that is going to be geared toward SQ. The top end will be a JL Audio 450/4 and ID CTX65CS's. This stuff is allready purchased. For the sub amp i have a Concept 1200D. It is crappy but its what i have. I am planning on upgradeing later on but it will have to work for now. It puts out 1200@1ohm. I want to go with 10's and a sealed enclosure as in my experience, this tends to sound better in a sq install and i have limited space. These will be going in the trunk of an 08 Civic and with how i want to lay out the trunk i can get about 1ft^3 per sub, however i would like to stay at like .75ft^3. They will be installed in the rear of the trunk on each side behind the wheel well. I have budgeted up to $400 but would like to stay under if possible.

Here is my specs in an easier to read format

I have 1200 watts at 1 ohm

I have up to 1 cube for each woofer

I want two 10" woofers

It is a SQ geared install, mostly rock/metal will be played

What would you guys recomend? My first instinct tells me to go with 2 RE SE10D4's. I have liked RE products in the past and i really like the look. My readings have also led me to the Fi Q10 however i dont know much about it and it might be a little out of my price. Please send me in a direction or tell me the se's are a good choice. Thanks for reading

if you have 1 cubic per sub and that much power can i steer you towards the IDQ 12 either v3 or v2 will work. they sound awesome in that size enclosure. and i think woofers has the IDQ12v2 on sale

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.