• Replies 3
  • Views 997
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I just got an Optimus xl-400 amp.

it is 125watt x4. i have it hooked up to 2 audiobahn 12's

I only run 125watts to each because i dont know how to brige it. I need to know how. I have no built in cdplayer

I have a mercury sable with stock cassette. My cd is an adapter from cassette to personal cd player. I have 8 gauge wire ran from battery to amp. I have an RCA adaptor hooked up to my 5x7's in back. Ground is hooked to frame of car. It works fine. I just want to bridge it to get more power to the subs. I need to know where to hook what. please let me know.. Im new at this.

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

unregistered-- is the optimus running both

the 2 audioband and the 5x7 in the rear in stereo

also what is the optimus rated at bridge 2 channel

(meaning) front bridge/rear bridge into 4ohms

No,

Just 2 channels hooked to the audiobahn,

and 2 not hooked to anything.

my 5x7's are only 100watt max. i dont want to blow them.

i want to bridge 4 channels to 2 channels and hook them to the subs only. remember.. IM NEW AT THIS!

have one wire hooked up to the positive terminal on the 1st channel, then have another wire hooked up to the negative term. on the 2nd channel. then hook up one sub.

hook up a wire to the + on the 3rd channel. hook up a wire to - on the 4 channel. hook up your other sub, and bump away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.