Help Attaching RCA Outputs TO AMP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Groverson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need a little help. I'm terrible about hooking up these RCA output cables to the 4CH - AMP. I have a USA-230 Ford Truck unit that already has the RCA cables plugged in on the backside of the radio. I don't know how the cables are connected on the back since I can't see them and don't want to take the radio out. I need to connect them to my BOSS 4 Channel Car Amplifier. How do I know where each RCA output connects to the AMP?

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpeg
    IMG_7022.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 51
Red goes to red
Black and white go to white
That is assuming the person who put it in followed the color pattern
The worst that going to happen if you get it wrong is you lose the balance and fade
Does the amp already have power, ground, and remote wire running to it

ok thanks. No I don't have the power, ground, and remote wire connected. I found a old picture of the RCA connections on the back of my radio. Does this clarify anything about the connection?

So they have it running opposite
The ones with the red on them go to the white at the amp
I downloaded the manual
If your looking at the back of it then the set on the left is the rears and the right is the fronts

I was just looking and that HU does not have a remote wire
Your going to need a 12 volt ignition source to turn the amp on (remote input on the amp)
Just use a fuse tap

Im so sorry. Im such an idiot with this stuff. Heres a pic of the amp input connections. Can you all guide me on which cable goes to these ports on the amp? Dumb it real down for me. Again, I can't remove the RCA cables on the back of the radio. Thanks!

Ok, I guess what’s confusing me is the output on radio is marked right and left. Left being white and Right being red. But input to the amp does not indicate right or left. So what I should do is match the colors of the HU to the Amp. Right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...