Help! 1 Sundown audio x-10 or 2 Sundown audio SA10s

SRT8 Wolf

CALI
I'm kinda in a bind right now I can't decide whether to go with 1 x-10 or 2 sa10s. I currently have a Sundown SAE-1000D amp and 2 e12s on stock electrical but my e12s recently blew so I'm looking to replace them what would be louder the 1 x-10 or 2 sa10s.

I wasn't super impressed with my X-10.

With that power especially, I wouldn't recommend it.

Two SA's would be better if you have the space.

However, I would do one 12" or 15" SA in a ported box instead of two 10's

i think it depends on enclosure of box ' i have 2 American Bass XFL 10s with a memphis prx1000 ' believe me they sound loud and clean ' people always think i have 12s and 15s but no buddy they are 10s lol i always laugh when they tell me that .

I'm kinda in a bind right now I can't decide whether to go with 1 x-10 or 2 sa10s. I currently have a Sundown SAE-1000D amp and 2 e12s on stock electrical but my e12s recently blew so I'm looking to replace them what would be louder the 1 x-10 or 2 sa10s.

The E's should take that power fine. If you blew them it was prly clipping. So whatever you end up doing you better turn the gain down . Or watch a YouTube on how to set your gain properly. Me personally I would get an xv2 10" on a big box and tune low. It should still have good output... But of coarse two sa 10s will be louder.

The E's should take that power fine. If you blew them it was prly clipping. So whatever you end up doing you better turn the gain down . Or watch a YouTube on how to set your gain properly. Me personally I would get an xv2 10" on a big box and tune low. It should still have good output... But of coarse two sa 10s will be louder.
They Es still play fine but one has a rip in it and pops. So will the x10 play louder overall or the sa10s

I wasn't super impressed with my X-10.
With that power especially, I wouldn't recommend it.

Two SA's would be better if you have the space.

However, I would do one 12" or 15" SA in a ported box instead of two 10's
So should I just do 2 sa12s and what box would you recommend for them

SA 10's in a GOOD designed box!!! i got a pair in 3cuft net 9" per cube port area and love the set up. had it metered few weeks ago and does 145's on music.

amp is audio technix AT 1200.1 @.5 ohm (same as CT sounds 1400.1)

They Es still play fine but one has a rip in it and pops. So will the x10 play louder overall or the sa10s
So 1st you said you blew your E series subs then say that they still play but pops and has a tear...??

Do you even know what a blown sub/subs is/are?

And I don't get why people don't like the Sundown X series subs. Mine play great.

And as for suggestions on the x10 or 2 10's, me personally, I'd get the 2 10's. More cone area and an opportunity to get a good designed ported enclosure for them should bang pretty good.

So 1st you said you blew your E series subs then say that they still play but pops and has a tear...??
Do you even know what a blown sub/subs is/are?

And I don't get why people don't like the Sundown X series subs. Mine play great.

And as for suggestions on the x10 or 2 10's, me personally, I'd get the 2 10's. More cone area and an opportunity to get a good designed ported enclosure for them should bang pretty good.
I may just go with the sa12s. What box should I get for them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SRT8 Wolf

SRT8 Wolf
CALI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Mrcash05