Helix dsp set up help

heyhi1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
Do you guys think you can take a look at my dsp tune if I take pics of it and let me know if anything is missing. I had someone tune a while ago and someone else heard my system and they said my mids sound a little muffled. I just want a couple of suggestions of what I can do as far as the tune.

It's helix dsp

Scanspeak tweeters

Hertz 1650.3 woofers

Front stage only with 2 8 in image dynamic subs in trunk

My first question would be that if I download the software and plug it in will my tune load up automatically? Is there anything I should avoid doing so I don't lose the current tune?

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be your amps setting that causing the issue But you can always adjust the sub settings on the dsp higher as well like I did on my Sieo
I made a mistake. It was the mids that sound muffled. I'll take pics of everything and post hopefully someone can help

It’s something you have to hear. Can’t diagnose a tune like this.
If I'm connected to a processor should my filter on my amp be set on high pass Low pass or bandpass on my amplifier? Because I see my amp is set on 24 DB high pass filter does that sound correct

The HP and LP filters are typically disabled on the amplifier when a DSP is used, but you should post pictures of the Helix tune showing what they are set at. The woofers you can’t really hurt at normal listening levels, but the tweeters you should be careful with.

The HP and LP filters are typically disabled on the amplifier when a DSP is used, but you should post pictures of the Helix tune showing what they are set at. The woofers you can’t really hurt at normal listening levels, but the tweeters you should be careful with.
Thanks for your response I cannot find how to post a picture on here I only see where to post links nothing I see post an image

http://imgur.com/gallery/uTTslCV

Can you guys take a peek at this and see if you notice anything in that should be changed, my subwoofers are bridged into one channel on the sub amplifier which I didn't take a picture of but I see on the DSP there's two channels for the subs. On the picture of the amplifier channel 3 and 4 are my Mids Channel 1 and 2 are my tweeters let me know if you guys need any specs on the speakers any help would be appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

heyhi1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
heyhi1
nyc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date