Helix dark blue 5 audiotec fischer

Participant count
  • Participant list

my2006c6

Hey guys... Was going to grab one of these up, from woofersetc for 249.99 free ship and New..

I was on the amp's home page, and it seems this may be the older unit of whats avalable now.. - But wonder if it really puts out what it says..???? - Was thinking of getting it to replace my boston acoustic, GT-42.4 that i use ch 1+2 front compo,- channel 3+4 to run my SVC, 4 ohm sub. And thought this may be better. ???? Thoughts ???

Here's the specs on the helix

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 4 Ohms/13,8V: 4 x 75 + 1 x 350 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 2 Ohms/13,8V: 4 x 110 + 1 x 550 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 4 Ohms/13,8V bridged: 2 x 220 + 1 x 700 Watt (1 Ohm Woofer)

TIM distortion:

Signal to noise ratio: > 93 dB

Bassboost : 0-18 dB

Setting range highpass : 10 Hz-2,5 kHz

Setting range lowpass : 40 Hz-4 kHz

Regelbereich Bandpass : 15 Hz-4 kHz

Setting range bandpass: 10 Hz-30 kHz

TIM distortion:

Signal to noise ratio: 200 mV - 5 V

Fuse: 1 x 100 A

Input impedance: 10 kOhm

Dimensions (HxWxD) mm: 64 x 282 x 570

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmmmmmm, I got the helix dark blue 5 amp in today, - Now i have alot of alternator whine when running veh ???..

It never did it with the boston acoustic gt-42.4, or my orig cheap amp i had [jenson] or a defective channel PPI.

Im sure its a waist of time contacting whoofersETC, as i no they will say connection and or wires.. I guess i could try better wires.. Any thoughts guys.

I see it is capable of 0 gage power and ground, and also can take heavy gage speaker wires.- Im currently running 4 gage power and ground...

mmmmmmmmm, I got the helix dark blue 5 amp in today, - Now i have alot of alternator whine when running veh ???.. It never did it with the boston acoustic gt-42.4, or my orig cheap amp i had [jenson] or a defective channel PPI.

Im sure its a waist of time contacting whoofersETC, as i no they will say connection and or wires.. I guess i could try better wires.. Any thoughts guys.

I see it is capable of 0 gage power and ground, and also can take heavy gage speaker wires.- Im currently running 4 gage power and ground...
Alt whine is almost always a result of improper install.

Alt whine is almost always a result of improper install.
Yea , i did do a quick swap,, before doc apointment.. Visually all looks good..

Ill recheck tommorow when more time. And clean ground. And also have a better set of twisted rca cables for 5 channel amp that i still wanna put in..

Yea , i did do a quick swap,, before doc apointment.. Visually all looks good..Ill recheck tommorow when more time. And clean ground. And also have a better set of twisted rca cables for 5 channel amp that i still wanna put in..
Yea, I fix alt whine...

What im wondering now is, ive been adjusting amp and a little confused by book that came with amp and its limited on info.

Amp came with rotary remote control, and book say's its for sub level

and on amp there is adjustment for bass boost,

ARE both these the same, ????? and if so,, i take it that on amp i should have it at mid point, and adjust the rest to my music by using the remote ????

[ update ] -- OK, i see the level knob and bass boost are two diff setting.

[ update ] - Been out tuning amp.. Put the bass boost at zero, and adjusted LPF for sub

Wasnt happy with lacking bass, so i raised the level on head unit to +3, and then increased my input level adjustment on amp to a little higher setting 3/4 clockwise.. Seems ok, so i guess raising input gain on amp for sub should be ok ??

Guess if it works , Amp is hard to tell where LPF is at ,, but i cranked up head unit and then adjusted LPF, so i heard only low tone/kick bass.. Visually looks like LPF is at 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub level is just a volume knob for all the frequencies you have selected for the Helix to amplify. Bass Boost adjusts level at a specified frequency, usually around 45Hz. You need to try and find an oscilloscope to best adjust your gains. They can be bought relatively inexpensively and are very handy for setting all your amp gains. Also might save your inputs should you screw up and overdrive them.

Good deal on that amp. I just can't imagine what they were thinking when they designed the chassis. Not the prettiest thing ever. But, the quality and performance is definitely there so, looks may not be that important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

my2006c6

my2006c6
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
PPI_GUY