Head Unit wiring and addapter

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kyle93

Hi there, new to this all as you're probably aware. Got a new stereo and I need help finding the adapter I will need to fit these two together. If I have to do some custom wiring it's fine I just want to know if there is an adapter that will connect point A to point B preferably plug and go. If I have the adapter but then need to change where each wire goes to a pin thats fine just as long as the adapter does the job.

Car connection

e270d.png

Head unit connection

3783c.png

I have never seen an aftermarket headunit connection like that but I've seen what your asking for on ebay buy you have to know the car and radio to get the right ones. It should be two plugs that connect everything together.

@CCooney Thanks, but I'm really trying to identify what is the harness on the car connection so I can find an adapter

@Slobat I was under the impression that the head unit connection was a standard one? It was the car connection that was the odd one?

what kind of radio did u buy? and what kind of car?

from the pick of the car connection it looks like they cut the stock one off?

has the radio you took out stock?

that is a Sony plug that you're saying is the car connection. There are NO OEM plugs that are aftermarket color coded and the plug you are showing as being from the car is color coded for aftermarket.

follow the wires that are connected to the plug. Past the splice and see if there is a harness deeper in the dash. If there is you cut the sony harness off and wire on the new harness. If no plug deeper in the dash you will have to hardwire it in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.