head unit seems a little too wide

Participant count
  • Participant list
I got an Alpine CDE 121 to replace the factory stereo in my '97 Tacoma and have ran into one problem when installing it. I got it all wired up and in the dash and everything seems fine. But when I try to put the dash bezel back on the slot for the radio won't quite fit around the Alpine. Will I have to trim the bezel or is their another way to get it on without having to cut it?

I've included some pics of the trim piece that goes around the faceplate over the bezel so you can get an idea of how much room is needed to make everything fit.

Thanks a lot!

I will probably end up having to trim the edge of the bezel. And I should have clarified that the bezel will not even fit around the head unit itself without the trim or faceplate attached. This just strikes me as odd that this unit supposedly "fits the vehicle without any modification" like I was told.

Is it normal to have to make minor modifications like this even when it claims it will fit without any work like that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.