Head unit finally installed

conecommander
10+ year member

Pickles
Earth
So I’ve finally gotten my new head unit installed. It only took 10 minutes or so just to position the wires behind the unit and get it to fit back into the dash. So far I’m really happy with this thing. I bypassed the parking brake feature for the DVD player. As soon as it was done I fired up RUDY and the screen looks amazing. Just like a PSP to me. I haven’t played with the USB yet either. MP3 discs take a few seconds to load but that’s tolerable. I haven’t played with it long enough yet to figure out the Bluetooth feature for my phone due to the new project I’ve gotten myself into! It’s a go kart in case you were wondering. It weighs 935 lbs with a 250cc engine. I can’t wait to get her running. I also get my two 10w6v2’s on Monday. So needless to say I won’t be ge[tting much of my visual basic class done very soon…. Oh well!

245623800.jpg

245623734.jpg

245623711.jpg

245623701.jpg

245623907.jpg

Nice Radio. What did it run you and from where?
Thanks! onlinecarstereo.com and I paid $568 with the extended warranty for items over 1k i think (warranty included my subs as well)

he prolly had to take the whole dash out to get to the radio.. Thats how you gotta do it in a new Monte
How do you bypass the parking brake? I grounded mine and it didnt help
I actually didn't have to take apart the entire dash to get it out. but i had some other work to do, so i figured while i was at it yano. to bypass the parking break you just need to ground wire. instead of creating a new grounding point for this, i just connected it with the head unit ground into the car wiring harness ground. in some cases, depending on your head unit, this won't work. what you can do is buy a two prong switch and ground one prong and connect the parking break wire to the other.

nice HU, hows it sound?
i have two sets of components in my car that are amped. so i can't speak for the stereo amplifier, but it does sound pretty good. despite what some people say of JVC, i love their top end head units and i will never purchase any other brand.

i will have to get some pics up of the completed interior. it looks so much better with all of the trim installed.

other note.. go kart is now together! i just put the front tires on with the tread backwards.. fix that tomorrow.. buy some coolant, adjust the headlights.. etc small stuff and i'm good to go!

Go Kart is up and running. A LOT OF FUN! Deffinitely worth the 2800! I am a little stuck in the picture here.. I almost did a cartwheel in it the other day too. Also the neighbors don't like it as much as I do, cops showed up to my house 20 mins after parking it a coupple days ago. OH well, if its too loud you're too old right!!

246665969.jpg

cops showed up cause the go kart was too loud or stereo? **** what a fun toy.... looks big though, not like your normal miniature size go karts.
Sorry, cops showed up because of the go kart. Driving on the road and being loud. Still waiting on a box for the the subs, then the neighbors will have something new to complain about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.