Head Unit does not turn off!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kravhell

Hello all, new to the forums and hoping I am posting in the correct section.

I just finished my first sub install and everything works fine and sounds fine....except for the fact that the stock head unit does not turn off when I turn the ignition off. All the other electronics like the AC and even the display in the gauge cluster turn off but the head unit does not and I can continue to play music and operate it as if the ignition was on.

Since it has never done this until after the install I assume it is bad wiring on my part. I have a LOC hooked up to the factory head unit, and i triple checked to make sure that the constant 12v was not accidentally hooked up to the switched 12v.

I presume something is causing a loop that keeps the radio on?

Appreciate any help or suggestions thanks!

Hello all, new to the forums and hoping I am posting in the correct section.
I just finished my first sub install and everything works fine and sounds fine....except for the fact that the stock head unit does not turn off when I turn the ignition off. All the other electronics like the AC and even the display in the gauge cluster turn off but the head unit does not and I can continue to play music and operate it as if the ignition was on.

Since it has never done this until after the install I assume it is bad wiring on my part. I have a LOC hooked up to the factory head unit, and i triple checked to make sure that the constant 12v was not accidentally hooked up to the switched 12v.

I presume something is causing a loop that keeps the radio on?

Appreciate any help or suggestions thanks!
swap the constant and switched. See what happens.

swap the constant and switched. See what happens.
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

I did try something and that was to unplug the harness from the LOC, and leave everything else going to the head unit as is. Doing so let the head unit work as normal: it turns on only when I turn the electronics/ignition on and it powers down if i turn the ignition off and pull the key out.

This narrows the issue down to the LOC or the wiring I did associated with the LOC, in any case ill try swapping the constant and switched and report back with an update.

It's the NVX XFLOC4.
Weird. There doesnt seem to be a switched 12volt IN on that unit. It must just be sense a signal and turn on. That means you have your blue wire(remote out) hooked up to your..accessory on from your key. The blue wire should come from Either your LOC or your headunit and straight to the amp remote in. They shouldnt be tied together. Disconnect the blue wire coming out of your Loc from everything else and run it to the amp. Still. As far as i know. That shouldnt have anything to do with your Hu staying on. You have two signals coming in from one wire. Im surprised you didnt fry something. But maybe the colors are wrong and im off here.

Gray - Connect to the positive (+) front right speaker output of the source unit

Gray/Black - Connect to the negative (-) front right speaker output of the source unit*

White - Connect to the positive (+) front left speaker output of the source unit

White/Black - Connect to the negative (-) front left speaker output of the source unit*

Green - Connect to the positive (+) rear left speaker output of the source unit

Green/Black - Connect to the negative (-) rear left speaker output of the source unit*

Purple - Connect to the positive (+) rear right speaker output of the source unit

Purple/Black - Connect to the negative (-) rear right speaker output of the source unit*

Red - Connect to constant +12V; Black - Connect to ground

Blue – Connect to remote turn-on for amplifier; Brown - Connect to ground**

Red/Black RCA – Connect to RCA inputs for the amplifier. The RCA outputs feature a 6:1 step down with adjustable

level controls for system optimization.

*If there is only one negative speaker wire, connect both of the negative XFLOC4 speaker wires to it (gray/black & white/black).

**The brown ground wire should only be used if no sound is audible on both channels.

That's likely causing the issue, I COMPLETELY mis-interpreted it. Will disconnect the Blue from the harness/head unit and run it only to the amp and see how that goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.