head unit display not working

Participant count
  • Participant list
I did a search on this, and found a couple threads stating a defective hu, and to replace the hu. I was just wondering if it could be wiring related or maybe a bad ground, cause I'm also having an issue where my sound cuts out sometimes, and I hear loud pop noises. The display not working just started today. It was playing music fine, but the entire display was black. Im kind of hoping that if I replace the hu it will solve both issues. So is the hu itself the problem, or wiring/ground?

I did a search on this, and found a couple threads stating a defective hu, and to replace the hu. I was just wondering if it could be wiring related or maybe a bad ground, cause I'm also having an issue where my sound cuts out sometimes, and I hear loud pop noises. The display not working just started today. It was playing music fine, but the entire display was black. Im kind of hoping that if I replace the hu it will solve both issues. So is the hu itself the problem, or wiring/ground?
Sounds like a bad unit

Ok, so this head unit has a "KEY CARD" in the back of the faceplate. Just for the heck of it, I powered off the hu, took the "KEY CARD" out and put it back in. Like magic, VUALLA!, the display works now. Im guessing this key card thing is not the best design in the world. It was like magic though. Gonna get a different hu anyway, cause I still think this hu is messed up. Dont like this blaupunkt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.