Head Unit Cutting Out!

hargenoff
10+ year member

I have the Alpine CDA 7893 HU installed in my car, and i have had it for about 8 months now. Recently though, for some unknown reason to me, the entire unit just turns completly off. I have to turn my car off and turn it back on again for the head unit to come back on, and you know you can't really do that in the middle of the road! All of my settings get reset back to 0 (bass, treble, etc.) too. Could it be a short circut somewhere? I don't know what it could be? please help!

My head unit used to do this as well. But when i retuned my amp it doesnt do it anymore. Is the gain on ur amp cranked? i think this is what causes the problem

does the clock reset? if so, then it would lead me to believe that it is a short circuit that is cutting power altogether and resetting all your settings. check your wiring or fuses that would control the radio.

my clock never resets, when my HU comes back on my clock still tells the right time, but the rest of my settings are resetting (fader, balance, bass, treble) it is wierd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I don't have an amp hooked up to the HU, in fact my amp isn't even in my car! haha.. that is a different story!

I have also noticed that my HU gets extremely hot! I mean you can't put you finger on it for more than a half sec! And when i take the face off, the other part is so hot its like touch a burning stove. Do you think that I just might have gotten a shitty HU? Should i return it and get different one?

yea i got a the 7893 also its a sweet deck i did notice it gets ****en hot scares me... never shuts off though i redid my ground today its got a 12 gauge ground now and power wire from the batt... it still runs hot but i think its a sweet deck and i cant wait to get my amp back so i can bump my ****...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.