Head Unit Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

mstan2221
10+ year member

MI
I'm new to car audio stuff and i was curious what a good head unit would be to start out with. Ill porbably run a sub to it and end of switching my door speakers too if that helps. any input is appreciated! Also i heard kenwood excelon is a good head unit and if you know anything about it.

i just picked up a kenwood excelon x995 from ebay for 240 bucks new and its a really awesome unit. and id recommend it.

you really cant go wrong with any pioneer, kenwood, or higher end jvc in my opinion as long as it has all the features you want.

theres also a lot of headunits that are coming out soon and look pretty awesome. heres a few of em. they probally kick *** but you'd have to wait a little.

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

id def recommend getting a head unit with a 5 band or more eq.

just do some research, check reviews all that fun stuff. your on the right track by starting with the head unit.

I have had so many head units and the one I have now will never leave my dash. Alpine CDA-117. they are discontinued but you can still get them new. i got mine from Crutchfeild with the free dash kit and harness for $350. The SQ is perfect and the EQ, although limited is just right. And it has a time correction feature for the perfect dial in

i just picked up a kenwood excelon x995 from ebay for 240 bucks new and its a really awesome unit. and id recommend it.
you really cant go wrong with any pioneer, kenwood, or higher end jvc in my opinion as long as it has all the features you want.

theres also a lot of headunits that are coming out soon and look pretty awesome. heres a few of em. they probally kick *** but you'd have to wait a little.

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

id def recommend getting a head unit with a 5 band or more eq.

just do some research, check reviews all that fun stuff. your on the right track by starting with the head unit.

yeah those headunits sound grat im just trying to find something around 100 to 150

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I have had so many head units and the one I have now will never leave my dash. Alpine CDA-117. they are discontinued but you can still get them new. i got mine from Crutchfeild with the free dash kit and harness for $350. The SQ is perfect and the EQ, although limited is just right. And it has a time correction feature for the perfect dial in
ive had a few friends that told me that was a good HU! its just a little out of my price range.

alright, for that price, one of the lower end kenwood excelons would prob be your best bet. heres a few units i found real quick that might interest you.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X395 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

JVC Arsenal KD-AHD65 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer DEH-6400BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X596 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

the kenwood x596 is prob the better of the group (and most most expensive) check them out and let us know what you think. it seems like most units in that price range are incredibly similar. they all have aux and usb for your ipod and hd radio, and some have bluetooth but lack other features.

as long as you dont buy a garbage brand like dual, jenson, or sony i think your in the clear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.