• Sundown

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

mugen08
10+ year member

Win aplenty
Aight.

I am either buying a Nightshade 18" or an HDC318 on friday

Both will cost right at the same amount.

Both will be run off a Diamond D6 1500.1 (about 1800RMS)

Which one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How's the build quality compare?

I know the AQ's have the stitched surrounds, and seem really well built.

Don't know much about the 'Shade, other than it can handle copious amounts of power and it's ass end is dead sexy

EDIT: I also thought about IA subs, but I want to updrade to about 3k somedday and there isn't a sub in my price range that'll handle 3k

Thing that turns me off about the AQ's is the high tuning reccomendations
I think they are necessary though. I have one 15" HDC in a 3.5 cube box tuned to 32 HZ and it hammers the lows but anything above 50HZ or so it drops off rapidly. If you have an awesome front stage maybe this isnt a problem but for most of the people running these the higher tuning will give it a flatter frequency response.

How's the build quality compare?
I know the AQ's have the stitched surrounds, and seem really well built.

Don't know much about the 'Shade, other than it can handle copious amounts of power and it's ass end is dead sexy

EDIT: I also thought about IA subs, but I want to updrade to about 3k somedday and there isn't a sub in my price range that'll handle 3k
Audioque with aluminum coils for that kind of power. done.

I think they are necessary though. I have one 15" HDC in a 3.5 cube box tuned to 32 HZ and it hammers the lows but anything above 50HZ or so it drops off rapidly. If you have an awesome front stage maybe this isnt a problem but for most of the people running these the higher tuning will give it a flatter frequency response.
Meh I dont even care about anything above 50hz! lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mugen08

10+ year member
Win aplenty
mugen08
Outside the box
Start date
Participants
Who Replied