HDC315 Vids*

Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.

One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.

Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.  

One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.
or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way

Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?

or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way
Uh yeah. Use a dmm. It's impossible to do. All music is ridiculously dynamic. Tones are not. If you set it to a tone, you're gonna be dissatisfied. I've set my gain before using a dmm, and I've done it using my ear. The latter was definitely more accurate.

Using a DMM to set your gains for a daily driver is silly. Songs are recorded at different levels, the bass in them is at different levels, there are too many things to try to account for.

Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?
That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.

That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.
Again, more variables. The impedance will be dynamic. My advice would be to use a clamp meter and another meter set to volts at the same time. Crank the gain slowly until the product of the volts and amps reach your desired power level.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.