HDC312 vs RE ?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
I think I'm pretty set on getting 4 RE Se12's. How will 2 12" HDC3's compare to the Se? I wanted the HDC3 for that extreme hitting bass, but I don't think I have enough power to get them sounding good in a daily setup. I'm looking for sql, and have about 3200-3400 watts. I like to be able to give a little over their rms per sub. I thought I'd be doing that with the AQ, but most are saying they need 2000 per sub to get them moving right.

I need to know which one of these setups with the power I have will be the most brutal on a Bass Mekanik cd? Both will be ported in a Tahoe? The Se will be about $460, and I'm finding that hard to beat. Also considering 4 12 Type R or 2 15L7's. What should I do because I'm placing an order soon?

I've ran 2 Se12's for about a year. The old ones. When I gave them to my homeboy, they got jacked! They were pretty impressive. I was trying to get 2 R's bnib off Craigslist for $200. The guy was BS-ing me around about when we were meeting up. I got sick of texting and begging him to meet up. I guess he didn't really want to make that money. That's why I'm looking at RE again. I heard a few R's, but never set up right or they weren't pushing enough power.

It doesn't take 2kw each to get the hdcs sounding decent.. You're power is more than enough for them.. But since you are talking about 4 12s, how about the sdcs instead? Would definately take those over the type rs, and they are similar in price.

It doesn't take 2kw each to get the hdcs sounding decent.. You're power is more than enough for them.. But since you are talking about 4 12s, how about the sdcs instead? Would definately take those over the type rs, and they are similar in price.
The R's are at least $100 cheaper than the SDC.

do the SE's they will get loud and have more sq than the Rs. since you have a tahoe, why not do 2 18s? that's what i'm doing in mine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bass911

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Bass911
Dallas,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date