Hdc3 or a fi bl 15

Pauly187
10+ year member

So the box was already built (9.5 net) give or take depending on the sub used and is using 3 6inch aero ports tunning is a 37hrz

I'm debating between the two subs, I know the aq likes a higher tuning

And the fi likes to be tuned lower but I can't tune lower because I need to allow space for the ports to breath

So with that said would the fi bl perform well in a box tuned that high? Or should I go hdc3 simply because I fell the box would better suit it?

Another issue is I'm using a zx2500 and the bl is 1500rms

We're as the hdc3 is 1000rms and I feel the amp will better suit the hdc3

I feel like everything is pointing towards the hdc3 but what do you guys think?

9.5 net for 1 hdc3 15!? My hdc4 18 is in 6 cubes net might want to rethink here

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Forgot to mention this box is for 2 15's
Haha OHH

So the box was already built (9.5 net) give or take depending on the sub used and is using 3 6inch aero ports tunning is a 37hrz
I'm debating between the two subs, I know the aq likes a higher tuning

And the fi likes to be tuned lower but I can't tune lower because I need to allow space for the ports to breath

So with that said would the fi bl perform well in a box tuned that high? Or should I go hdc3 simply because I fell the box would better suit it?

Another issue is I'm using a zx2500 and the bl is 1500rms

We're as the hdc3 is 1000rms and I feel the amp will better suit the hdc3

I feel like everything is pointing towards the hdc3 but what do you guys think?
considering the size of the box the hdc3's will do better because they like larger boxes. HOWEVER even though the hdc3's are RATED @ 1000rms they will take & want a bit more power. They will take 30000rms per sub daily and love it if in the right enclosure. So the ZX2500 will get the job done just expect them to move that much, from my experience it takes about 2k to really get a hdc3 sub moving.

I had 2 15s on a crescendo bc3500 and the subs where barely even moving, never once got hot or smelled and i could play them full tilt for a few songs and they never got warm, and barely moved. they are some very power hungry subs, but my favorite sub ive used so far

I would rather have the fi BLs, but I have never had experience with them. I did have an hdc3 and its definitely a solid sub but like previously mentioned its power hungry. that 2500 will have 2 begging for more.

**** didnt no that hdc3 needs so much power! Maybe ill look and stay with my first choice the fi bl and yeah I agree about the tunning but I'm stuck with it till I design another box!

Copper coil HDC's would do fine off that power. Yes they can take more power if it's clean and the box is right, but that doesn't mean you have to do it to make them loud.

Your box is MUCH more suited for HDC's over BL's. Should play down to 30Hz or so no problem. I've tuned them to 38Hz and have guys play high 20Hz freqs with authority.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pauly187

10+ year member
Pauly187
San Diego, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from