Having a problem with Ignition wire

Participant count
  • Participants list

sacarap

Hey everyone,

I am new here but could really use someone's help. I have a 1994 MItsubishi Galant. I am installing a Sony xplod cd player and have come across a problem. I had everything working but when I was mounting the player I had a loose wire (ignition wire) and it got grounded out with the car on. Now my cd player will not turn on with the car because that wire does not have any power coming from it. I know the radio is not blown because if i hook up the ignition wire strait to the constant 12+v then it will turn on.

So my question here is: Would there be another fuse other then in the main fuse box, for that ignition wire? I put the volt meter on it and its definitly dead. I checked in the cars fuse box for a fuse, but it doesn't have one there. I am guessing that there is another fuse somewhere, but I'm not sure where!!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thank you !

try to trace it from teh fuse box to the deck. I cant see why there would be another but its very possible...If you are using a harness adapter you may have meltd it around the connection try disconnecting it from there and test for power again.

Mike

I had the same exact problem. You will probably need to simply replace your "RADIO" fuse in yourfuse box, and all should be repaired.

edit...I just read your post agian, and I don't know if you replaced the fuse, so I'm leaving it here.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: IowaBoomer ]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.