Have power but no sound

Participant count
  • Participants list
Just got finished installing a new double din head unit in my 99 mustang GT, i have power and the unit itself works but i am not getting any sound out of the speakers, what should i do?
Yes, i used the harnesses i got through crutchfield and i also used their service which wires the harness up. And as far as i know the factory amp is still there due to the plugs still being there
Have you checked the fuse at the fuse panel labeled for the onboard amplifier? Could be a blown fuse for the existing amplifier? Id check that first.

#2- May hit the RESET on the HU to see if that may help, and read on the HU to see if there is a setting that may not have been enabled after the RESET

Sometimes you need to turn off the internal amplifier on the head units if you are using a OEM amplifier wiring harness and leaving that oem amp in. Might want to check in the settings area and if it has that option turn it off. Manual should show you how to do that.

Sometimes you need to turn off the internal amplifier on the head units if you are using a OEM amplifier wiring harness and leaving that oem amp in. Might want to check in the settings area and if it has that option turn it off. Manual should show you how to do that.
Thanks, ill try that too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...