SOLD Harrison Labs AE800 2 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

z261994
10+ year member

MI
Up for sale is my old sub amp. It's Harrison Labs AE800, makes 800wrms at 2 ohm. I ran this with my 15" RE HC at 4 ohm and I was more than impressed with it. This thing has never, ever, got hot. Never pushed. Includes 100 hz LP filter, y-cable, and banana plugs. The gain knob is gone, but it's just as easily adjusted using a small allen wrench (4mm I believe).

I love this amp, but it just won't work with the new setup. I've recently bought from Louisiana_CRX and munkittrik on here, and I have dozens of other references from other forums.

I'm looking for $150 + shipping or make me an offer! I would like to sell this asap to help pay for the new equipment.

Thanks for looking, Kyle

http://www.hlabs.com/products/amps/

ampname.jpg

ampside.jpg

ampback.jpg

amplabel.jpg

It's a nice little amp. I bought it because they claim it to be 90% efficient, which I believe after using it for so long.

It's a nice little amp. I bought it because they claim it to be 90% efficient, which I believe after using it for so long.

They don't publish ratings at different impedance levels because these amps can be ordered to make power at whatever impedance you want. With that said, I always assumed it was somewhere around half, 400w or so. That's certainly a very conservative estimate though. The person I bought it from had it benched and I was told it was making around 850w at 2 ohm on 12v. I can't verify this claim since the shop here doesn't have a large enough power supply to test it, but from what other users claim it seems about right.

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow, and I'll PM you when it's up. It's just a small hole (maybe 1/4"). I'll also double check to see what size allen wrench it takes to adjust.

Here's pics of what it looks like without the gain knob; it's just a small hole. You can see something blue just inside the hole with another small hole inside of that; that's how you adjust the gain. I checked again and it takes a 2mm allen wrench to turn it.

gain1.jpg

gain2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

z261994

10+ year member
z261994
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from