hard desions

Participant count
  • Participant list

playyamxz550
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis
I want to get an d1 audioque 18 alumium coil and run the audiopipe 3k. then I hear that the copper coils are louder and in that case I would not have to buy as big of an amp and I would save money a copper coil d2 audioque 18 with say a brz 1700 or a brz2100? in the end Its a daily system and im not going to be doing any burrping with alot of power.......pretty much outta those 2 setups which would be louder daily

weather the coil is copper our alum really doesnt make much of a difference on which one is louder.

the different weights mean it can change the fs, but other than that they do pretty much the same thing, unless i missing a concept somewhere.

and ive got to ask, why cheap out on the amps?

dont got alot of money right now and I didnt think they where bad choices but I though it over somemore and I think im just gonna run the 2200d's to each.....honestly i dont like how the audioque amps look lol, whats some other good stuff should I look at the sundowns or something like that

The aluminum coil was done for spl setups so that the coil would cool better under the same circumstances(as well as the slightly higher fs making it more sensitive). For daily, you're going to want the copper coil option and a 1500-2000 watt amp.

yea im gonna have the 1 18 for now should I just get like a audiopipe 1500d for now until I have the money and get another 18 copper coil and get the rockford fosgate t2500? or will that one t2500 not push them to there full potenital

yea im gonna have the 1 18 for now should I just get like a audiopipe 1500d for now until I have the money and get another 18 copper coil and get the rockford fosgate t2500? or will that one t2500 not push them to there full potenital
why pay the price of rockford? unless you can get killer deal

Doesn't matter if there copper or aluminum more power is better than less power. With that kinda of power your not gonna really gain alot adding a sub.I would run 1 18 on any of those amps adjusted correctly the sub would be fine aluminum or copper.Since your not competing running two 18s for daily get a aq 3500 you will be fine but the more power the more power supply.Research the amp you buy to see its total current draw then research all the other stuff.If your on a budget running 3000 watts will require upgraded alt at least 2 batterys zero gauge wire with the big three.Anything less would be uncivilized so if your on a budget by one sub stay with 2200 watts or less and a alt and batt.

I have a nation 275 amp alt that is 190 amp's at idle eventally I wannted to run the 3500d, I think for the mean time on the 1 sub im going to run a brz2100 i can get for 250$ pretty much brand new, I hear the brz's arnt that bad though why would it be bad to run the brz2100 persub because I can get a good deal on a brz2100, i hear they do rated and the power is clean if not pushed to hard i never do bass boost or anything like that an always 0 on the deck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.