Central Region Halloween DB Drag: CarStereo1 Dayton OH

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
If I get off work that day, I plan on going. I don't know if I'm going to compete though, since this would be my first one ever going to. Any tips?

1 batt (under the hood), trunk setup, AQ 1200d, 2 12 SDC, back seats fold down, but subs pointed towards the rear.

If I get off work that day, I plan on going. I don't know if I'm going to compete though, since this would be my first one ever going to. Any tips?1 batt (under the hood), trunk setup, AQ 1200d, 2 12 SDC, back seats fold down, but subs pointed towards the rear.
Looks like you'd be in street B

If I get off work that day, I plan on going. I don't know if I'm going to compete though, since this would be my first one ever going to. Any tips?1 batt (under the hood), trunk setup, AQ 1200d, 2 12 SDC, back seats fold down, but subs pointed towards the rear.
Looks like street b.

Street is a good place for you to start and will most likely do well as there are not many local street competitors. Come out to the show and give it a go, plenty of people that will be happy to help you get louder.

**** my new setup should at least be installed (not necessarily finished) by then...I might have to jump into my first comp early //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What class would I fall into?

Small hatchback

Yellowtop up front + 2 C&D's in the trunk

18" BTL in 6.2 cubes powered by a 3000w Crunch amp

**** my new setup should at least be installed (not necessarily finished) by then...I might have to jump into my first comp early //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
What class would I fall into?

Small hatchback

Yellowtop up front + 2 C&D's in the trunk

18" BTL in 6.2 cubes powered by a 3000w Crunch amp
Come on out, we would be glad to have you.

hehe, I'm kinda nervous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Dont be, it is a really friendly atmosphere and the show is put on by a super firiendly guy in Greg Zoller. Come on out and I will be happy to give you a few pointers.

Dont be, it is a really friendly atmosphere and the show is put on by a super firiendly guy in Greg Zoller. Come on out and I will be happy to give you a few pointers.
Well I will most likely be there, and if my new setup is done, I may compete...if only to see what kind of numbers I'm putting up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I will most likely be there, and if my new setup is done, I may compete...if only to see what kind of numbers I'm putting up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
If anything, you can come out and give bass race a try, it is a lot more fun than db drag as anybody can win.

If anything, you can come out and give bass race a try, it is a lot more fun than db drag as anybody can win.
I don't know how either of em work. I've only ever been to one comp and I believe they were doing db drag...

I don't know how either of em work. I've only ever been to one comp and I believe they were doing db drag...
Its pretty simple, you are just trying to average a certain number while playing music over a 30 second period.For instance most people run in the 129.9 class. If you system can play over a 133 db you should have no problem at all.

Its pretty simple, you are just trying to average a certain number while playing music over a 30 second period.For instance most people run in the 129.9 class. If you system can play over a 133 db you should have no problem at all.
What's the definition of music? I assume it has to be a store bought cd, not a burned one correct? Can it be one of those store bought bass cd's?

Good god, after reading all the rules for db drag it makes me not want to even bother...I think I would be in the Street Class C section but I'm going to have 3 batteries and it says max 2, it also has a 800^3in limit on the battery size and I have no idea what the heck that means...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pioneer~Saturn

5,000+ posts
Dr. Enclosure
Pioneer~Saturn
Dayton, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date