Ground in trunk?

I usually buy a small self tapping bolt and go right the the floor my my trunk. Just make sure you sand the paint off. The bolt only needs to be 1/2 inch or so.

What kind of car?

I would drill a hole under your dash near the door on whichever side your battery on. You could also see if there is a rubber grommet under there and run the wire through it instead. If you drill, make sure to put a grommet or something like that around the hole to make sure your wire doesn't get cut.

Drilling through the firewall isn't bad, just buy a "stepper?" (that's what I call it) bit and you will be fine. I usually drill as close to the floor as I can safely go preferably behind a kick panel or some other interior piece. Keeping things clean is the key to a good install, you don't want it to look like you don't care about your setup.

Yeah thats my goal is clean as possible,,,How big of a bit shoudl i need..Im running 4 gauge...So drill the hole behind the carpet...run under to rear of car...do youthink ill have to drill thru to trunk...??/ Its a 99 grand prix gtp 2 door...red..with black tint windows...its nice..

Where is the best placce to ground the power wire in your trunk..my first install..any help would be great..or where does the power ground go to...thanks

All the metal on your car is a ground plane. As long as the mechanical connection is clean and sound, any place will do. Kind of think of any metal on your car as the negative post of your battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.