Green light, then red light, now no light

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_hayhurst
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a DEI Audio Mobile Power Series 2504 amp I purchased in 1997.

It has been working fine up until today when I disconnected the battery's negative terminal to link up my Infinity 611a and subs.

When I loosely reconnected the battery's negative terminal and tried to start the car, I got a rapid clicking from the engine telling me to re-seat the terminal. I properly reconnected the battery's negative terminal and...

No power to the DEI or the Infinity. Therefore, no music.

I completely disconnected the Infinity and put everything back the way it was before and checked the DEI's power light. It normally glows a strong green, but glowed a faint red at this point.

I took a voltimeter and checked the battery terminals, power block and DEI's power/ground terminals and everything rated around 55 DC Volts, both while the car was running and when it was shut off.

Then, I let the car idle, and re-checked the volt readings and then I noticed the power light for the DEI is totally out.

All fuses in the amp and on the power line are intact.

Am I missing something or is the amp dead?

It sounds as though the remote wire / radio remote circuit is the problem.

1. Disconnect the remote wire from the amp.

2. Place a jumper wire from the remote input terminal on the amp to the constant + battery input terminal on the amp.

3. If the amp turns on, the problem is a loose remote wire or the radio remote circuit is not providing proper voltage or is curent limited.

It sounds as though the remote wire / radio remote circuit is the problem.1. Disconnect the remote wire from the amp.

2. Place a jumper wire from the remote input terminal on the amp to the constant + battery input terminal on the amp.

3. If the amp turns on, the problem is a loose remote wire or the radio remote circuit is not providing proper voltage or is curent limited.
Yep, the green light came on strong as ever.

I fiddled with re-seating the remote wire at the amp, and it would make a sporadically strong connection.

Then, the sun went down, so I am MUCH closer to fixing this thanks to your post.

I'd buy a Maxxsonics product in gratitude, but I already have a Brutus I am trying to figure out what to do with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.