Great deal on 17' of 1/0

I agree, I use Cadence speaker wire, and its just ok, nothing special. However it will get the job done on most front stages.

I have not yet used the 1/0 since I only use welding cable now. But to say that Knu wire strands are thicker and have twice the thread count makes 0 sense. The wire would be more than twice as big as a whole... I cant see it being that much of a margin. One of the manufacturers may be lying... Idk.

That wire is great for the money, period

These wire debates are stupid, all wire will be conductive, CCA will work in most basic installs, if you are running 2k or less this wire would be fine

I wasn't arguing conductivity wise...just sheer size. No way knu wire is twice as thick as cadence (which is standard 1/0 or very close) but I agree, the cadence wire works great for budget builds that do not have tons of power

That wire is great for the money, period
These wire debates are stupid, all wire will be conductive, CCA will work in most basic installs, if you are running 3k or less this wire would be fine
Fixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. This wire is rated for 250A which is fine for up to around 3k. Also the wire is cca despite it saying OFC (they like to claim it has more copper in it than most other cca wiring but at the end of the day it's cca)

Fixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. This wire is rated for 250A which is fine for up to around 3k. Also the wire is cca despite it saying OFC (they like to claim it has more copper in it than most other cca wiring but at the end of the day it's cca)
IMHO I run this in my gfs ride and I wouldnt run more then a true 2k per thru a run of it.. and yes I have scratched off the copper tint as I do with all wire and it is CCA, but for under $30 there should be no debate whatsoever, buy as much as you can afford/need

Common 1/0 welding wires (at least the ones I've seen) uses 30 gauge wire bundles. Audio "power" cables uses 36 gauge wire bundles so they can claim to have more "strands" in their cabling. Personally I take the welding wires over audio "power" cables since welding wires are government regulated to meet certain NEC safety requirements (current carrying capacity, jacket tolerance to chemical and environment exposure, etc.) Audio "power" cables... not so much. Monster's "1/0" cable with plastic filler core is good for a few laughs...

I have also bought this Cadence wire. It is very good wire. I use 1/0 OFC for my long runs, and I use short 3-4 foot runs of this CCA from my batteries to my amps. I do this because this stuff is very flexible and easy to work with. I would say it is easily true 1/0. I don't think there is any way that Knu wire has the same thickness and twice the strand count....maybe th3e specs on the Cadence wire are listed wrong? This wire barely fit in my 1/0 terminals. It's very flexible and looks good too. It's a great price if you're buying CCA wire. Anyone buying CCA wire is probably trying to do it on a budget, and this in my opinion is the best 1/0 CCA wire you can get for the price.

knuconeptz my fav wire that i will only use on my car. not to mention how **** flexible itis

BTW i have a knukonceptz 4 gauge and a cadence 4 gauge wire right next to eachother under my hood. and just by looking and feeling the knuconeptz is WAY thicker than the cadence and the strands are in fact thicker on the knu wire.

then they make more then 1 version of it.. cuz the cadence 0g i used was hard not very flexible
You definitely got some junk then. I can say at least in terms of flexibility the cadence wire is just as good as knu, kicker hyperflex and shok

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.