Grand Am Fabrication

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
I have a 1996 Grand Am SE and I am working on designing my trunk for my sound system. I have a 15" Treo SSX, a Clif Designs CDX-20a, and 2 AlphaCell Batteries I will be putting in the trunk. Any suggestions for how to design this?

What is the best way to position the sub for the least trunk rattle?

Ive done some experimenting... right now sub back port to the side is working fairly well in my friends car. I designed and built the box, he has a treo ssx 12 on 200 watts right now and it feels like a 140 in the mid 30's... IDK thought I need to throw it on the meter.

Ive done some experimenting... right now sub back port to the side is working fairly well in my friends car. I designed and built the box, he has a treo ssx 12 on 200 watts right now and it feels like a 140 in the mid 30's... IDK thought I need to throw it on the meter.
200 watts sounds like 140?

So you have the sub positioned toward the rear of the trunk opposite the seats, and the port coming out of the side?

200 watts sounds like 140?
So you have the sub positioned toward the rear of the trunk opposite the seats, and the port coming out of the side?
yeah, its flat out nasty in his trunk. sounds like a 140 but Im guessing that it will pull a 136 @ the headrest around 36hz. sub back ports to the side.

2000 grand am iirc. I can design you the enclosure if need be.
Nice we have the same trunk! Yeah actually if you would want to design the box that would be awesome! The system won't probably be hooked up for a few months though, I am working on getting a 200 amp mechman alternator, some knukonceptz 1/0 OFC wire, the big three, some sound deadener, and the box. AKA I need to make a lot of money! But I am working on figuring out how I want to design the trunk since I have everything that will be in the trunk already.

2000 grand am iirc. I can design you the enclosure if need be.
Nice we have the same trunk! Yeah actually if you would want to design the box that would be awesome! The system won't probably be hooked up for a few months though, I am working on getting a 200 amp mechman alternator, some knukonceptz 1/0 OFC wire, the big three, some sound deadener, and the box. AKA I need to make a lot of money! But I am working on figuring out how I want to design the trunk since I have everything that will be in the trunk already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Patthehat033

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Patthehat033
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date