GPS + Sirius: both audio outputs into 1 aux input?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrianA

My car's head unit has one 3.5mm aux input jack, which I currently use for my Sirius Sportster radio. I just bought a portable GPS/mp3 unit that I'd like to have share that same aux input. That way I don't have to keep moving the aux cable back and forth between the two units depending on which device I'm using at that moment. Is that even possible? I've been told I need a mixer, but most I see out there have an AC power adapter. I was hoping someone here may have a trick up their sleeve... surely I'm not the first to attempt this ;-)

Thx!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

This head unit has no power antenna adapter. So the image you are getting is not coming in from the correct program. Like if you were on an AM...
Hello everyone, This is my first post , I'm a total noob and was looking for some expert advice. I bought a 2010 Hyundai ix35 with a stock radio...
Im pretty sure that is a Delphi Sirus plug in./Din connector. You may need to contact GM or better Yet, Sirus, and see if they can help you out. I...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...

About this thread

BrianA

BrianA
Silicon Valley, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
AVSTANG02