Good Starter Car

Ozone Blue
10+ year member

Hey all,

I'm starting to look for a new car (used, probably) and I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions as to what I should look for. It has to be under 7 g's, and probably used, but I want something that I can really soup up over time as I get the money - you know, sound system, maybe some body work, under the hood, etc. I was thinking maybe an eclipse... ?... but like I said, I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

Mike

Import? Domestic? 2/4 seater? 2/4 doors?

I love eclipses, but not the new ones, definitely before 2000.

Also my new love are third gen camaros, IROCs especially.

Originally posted by Tek Also my new love are third gen camaros, IROCs especially.
Ohh that 5.7l engine's got some power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you have money, and willing to spend it and are really into cars, and dont let anything slip whne needing repairs, id sudgest geta Second Gen Mazda RX-7 Turbo II if you want some Real Balls, NA is Also Very good and Fast!! 300zx, if you got the money, but id say get a Camaro, Parts are easer to Find, Cheep to do up, Most of the mods you can do thos cars you cn do yourself, if you have the right tools, Well Hope you find what your looking for. the Mazda's are also come in 2+2 seater which is 4 seats, the back is Cramped as hell but hey put the girls in the back. The 2+2's are kinda rare/ hard to find. Good Luck

Well I cant really suggest anything because I dont know what is available in your town. See what vehicles catch your eye at the dealerships etc and let us know...I'm sure we can help you narrow it down:)

- Steve

Originally posted by Jmac Why does everyone suggest fast cars to inexperienced drivers ?

Be smart ... get a beater, learn to drive well, then get a nice car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yea seriously. also, if he is on a budget of 7 gs, hes not gonna want a **** camaro that eats gas like crazy. cars are not about speed...........they are about the stereo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by nswartley cars are not about speed...........they are about the stereo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Correction: Cars are for speed and the stereo;)

- Steve

Well he wanted something to do up, soo im not sure what else you can really do out other than "Sports Cars", you can do SUV's and Trucks but suv's and Trucks also cost a heck of a lot more for a deacent looking suv/truck to do out.... A sports car in general is way easer to do up, for parts ect... everything is useually cheeper. suv/trucks its more expensive cus the majority of the "Doing out" parts are Custom and that can get up there in the $$$.

but I want something that I can really soup up over time as I get the money

Well, I've been driving my own beater for a couple of years now, so I've got PLENTY of experience driving it. And I did my own audio system (which sounds really tight, for a system built into an embarrasingly ugly car), so I've got a little bit of customization experience, too. However, I'm going to get a new car in the next couple of months and, like I said, I kind of want something that I can really sink some money into over time and really soup up. I know I'll probably have a lot to learn, but it's something I'm kind of looking forward to.

As far as the car I pick out, I don't care a whole lot about whether it's an import or a domestic, but I don't really want a big SUV or truck. I want something that's got some balls under the hood to start with, and something with a sporty look would be nice, but it's not a must. Like I said, I've been looking a lot at Eclipses, just because I couldn't think of a whole lot of options, but I'm not a big fan of four-cylinders. I'll look into some of those Mazda's suggested, though... any other ideas?

Oh, and a regular income isn't too big of an issue, it's just that I have the 7 G's now to buy a car and I'm going to have pass along the beater within the next few months.

When I said "Starter Car", I meant a car that I can really start customizing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Colin_100 . suv/trucks its more expensive cus the majority of the "Doing out" parts are Custom and that can get up there in the $$$.
Not nessesarily...parts for the 88-98 Chevy body style are CHEAP. And there is a big selection out there too choose from.

I can give examples if you need...

- Steve

Just goto car max or somewhere and test as many different kind of cars as you can, get a feel for the differences in em. One of my buddies just sold his camaro and bought a 98 (i think) Trans-Am for $7,000. Had some engine problems, thats why it was so cheap, but he fixed em and now its one of the fastest cars I've ever been in.

Just get a 2nd gen RX-7, can pick up one for Under $2,000 running. If u can get the Twin turbo, there hella fast for stock. Then upgrade to single turbo, and new motor. and u can put a phat system in there for a total of under $7,000

Originally posted by Jmac Why does everyone suggest fast cars to inexperienced drivers ?

Be smart ... get a beater, learn to drive well, then get a nice car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Truer(spelling error?) words have never been spoken.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll just get a beater...lmao, my friend has like 5 people, they made a car club, P.O.S, lmao, piece of **** car club, funny **** man...but hey it's true //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.