Good rears to compliment frontstage

if you JUST HAVE TO HAVE rear fill please keep it simple....maybe a set of comps(with a smaller amp of course)...and still be able to fade it to the front if you ever compete....good luck!

if you JUST HAVE TO HAVE rear fill please keep it simple....maybe a set of comps(with a smaller amp of course)...and still be able to fade it to the front if you ever compete....good luck!
I have a set of Eclipse speakers. 6x9 4 ways. But I don't think they'll work well with the Dynaudios. That's why i'm looking to find something else.

I have a Rainbow amp but i'm not looking to get all crazy here. A Kraftwork 1450 or whatever the model is. Just looking for a good set of speakers to throw back there.

I really like the sound of some front speakers turning off while some of the rears turn up for certain parts.
Music is recorded in stereo. The rears aren't gonna play anything that the fronts don't.

If you must, just throw in an efficient little coax...I wouldn't put alot of money into it though, something cheap would serve its purpose.

Don't forget they are going to be hooked up to the AVX5000.
What's your budget? The coax's that I'm running are extremely nice, look in my sig. If you have the money go for the hertz, if you wanna spend a little less get the ARCs. You will be extremely pleased with either.

I used to be all about going against the grain on here and not running rear fill in my suv. I ran amped 6.5's in all the doors.

This past month switched to higherpowerred 6.5's in the door pods (2 per door) and the rear fill didnt compliment it AT ALL. I disconnected there wiring and it sounds much better, so I left the rears out

If youre set on it though, type s coaxials sound pretty nice on deck power

AVX5000 has an optional tuner, right? Do you have that?
IMHO, rear-fill is to be strongly contemplated prior to plunging.

Are we talking rear speakers or rear-fill?
I guess a rear fill would be better suited. My front stage is incredible in my opinion. I absolutely love the clarity of the Dynaudios.

I guess a rear fill would be better suited. My front stage is incredible in my opinion. I absolutely love the clarity of the Dynaudios.
You didn't answer about the optional processor.

Rear speakers, meaning, simply, a second stereo pair playing the same thing. Usually just to make it louder.

To accentuate front stage, rear-fill is in order. Usually bandlimited, 20-30 milisecond delay. This is done to give the impression that the room is larger than it is. Do you have the ability to do this? Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend using rear speakers, ever, so I have none to recommend for you. Rear fill, however, is easiest to accomplish with the natural roll off of the driver without a tweeter. Without a tweeter, pretty much any driver will blend well, depending on processing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.