Good rears to compliment frontstage

ChrisUlrich
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have the Esotec 342s up front (3 way with the 7" mid range woofer). Powered by a Tru S500.

I really like the way audio sounds with rears. So I want to hook rears up to my AVX5000 head unit. Any suggestions on what will not completely destroy my clarity?

I always run rears too. I like surround sound. And if 1 single person says, "Does the music come from behind you at a concert??" I have a prerecorded response for you, YES. Every concert I've been to, there are rear speakers.

hahahaha I agree. I do like my surround sound. I just need some good advice on quality rears and how worth it it'll be using the AVX5000 (Tru SSLD6 line driver as well) to power the speakers.

I always run rears too. I like surround sound. And if 1 single person says, "Does the music come from behind you at a concert??" I have a prerecorded response for you, YES. Every concert I've been to, there are rear speakers.
LOL hahaha

I have the Esotec 342s up front (3 way with the 7" mid range woofer). Powered by a Tru S500.
I really like the way audio sounds with rears. So I want to hook rears up to my AVX5000 head unit. Any suggestions on what will not completely destroy my clarity?
Wow, very nice set up.

If your frontstage is set up CORRECTLY you do not need rear fill....even for passengers in the back.
truth be told......

All rear fill does is mess with the imaging and T/A of your front stage (well to me at least) In my Silverado you cant even tell that I am missing rear fill.

It's setup correctly. It was professionally installed by 6spdcoupe.

I don't care what anyone says. You can tell there is no rear speakers in a car even when they are setup correctly. I've heard Dons' car and his system is ridiculous. It sounds amazing. But I can tell there is no rears in the thing.

I love my front stage. It sounds awesome. But I really like the sound of some front speakers turning off while some of the rears turn up for certain parts. A 4 way system is a different sound in my opinion.

And as for a preference on the rear speakers. I want anything that is not going to completely hurt the front stage. If I gotat spend some money for them, I will. I don't want to skimp out on a good set of rear speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.