good or not?

badninja3
10+ year member

Hyphy
NorCal
2x 12"typeR's. 2x 8"typeE's. a double sub box for the 12s. 2 single boxes for the 8s. all sealed. a memphis amp (not sure on specs yet) for the 12's. an alpine (not sure on specs) for the 8's. a capacitor (not sure how big). all the wiring ill need or want. and a 4 month old pioneer 5800 deck

$650. all the parts are 8 months and younger. and they all work. they are/were in my friends car at one point. the memphis amp works the hell out of the 12"s. ill get specifics tomorrow. hopefully.

is it a good deal for me? should i buy it? ...he's giving me 3 months to pay it off, cuz he has money. and its not like he's gonna be doing anything with them anyway.

well, i was talking to another guy from this forum, and he said i shouldnt mix sub sizes and shouldnt mix sub types. it apparently ****s with ur SQ and some other sutff.

well as long as you plan on using differnt amps for the 12s vs 8s, you should be doing good.
they will have different amps. 1 amp for the 8"s. and 1 amp for the 12"s.

and the 12"s are in one box together. and the 8"s each have their own box.

and eventually, ill build a custom fit box with the 12"s in the middle, each with its own ported compartment, and the 8"s on the outer sides of the box, with seperate compartments (either ported or sealed, not sure).

so it'll look like 8//12//12//8.

it should look hella cool. and i know alot of ppl that used to do car audio installation and making boxes before, so i can get their help on the box and instalation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

badninja3

10+ year member
Hyphy
badninja3
NorCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date