good or no

flyasspimp
10+ year member

onebadmafugger
ok well as i will be completing my system soon in a blazer, explorer, or jeep grand cherokee, i will have the rear seats moved way up and have the biggest possible box tuned to 34 hz and have 2 re xxx 15s with 1500 watts to each. i have an idea though. after i get the components for up front and kodas for rear doors, would it sound bad with 2 re xxx 8s or 10s in a real small box with like 750-1000 watts per sub under the back seats? ive heard not to mix subs but will it be cool to like vibrate your nuts when u sit down in the back

if you crossed over the subs to handle really low frequencies, and crossed over the 8s to handle the higher bass/midbass, and as long as they don't play the same frequencies at the same time, i don't see the problem

ok well as i will be completing my system soon in a blazer, explorer, or jeep grand cherokee, i will have the rear seats moved way up and have the biggest possible box tuned to 34 hz and have 2 re xxx 15s with 1500 watts to each. i have an idea though. after i get the components for up front and kodas for rear doors, would it sound bad with 2 re xxx 8s or 10s in a real small box with like 750-1000 watts per sub under the back seats? ive heard not to mix subs but will it be cool to like vibrate your nuts when u sit down in the back
good luck fitting a power plant underneath the hood to power 5,000 watts just for subs. i dont think its needed, 2 XXX 15's will be plenty loud enough to shake your nuts or whatever you want them for. personally, i think that if you just want your nuts shaken, you should just get a girlfriend, they are cheaper and easier to replace if somethin goes wrong :thumbs_up

well, if ur already planning to have koda's for realy fill.....why use more midbass!? that's just overkill! i personally wouldn't recommend it...sound cool...could work like Ascreename sed if u cross it over corrrectly...but it's def. not needed at all. peace

NG

good luck fitting a power plant underneath the hood to power 5,000 watts just for subs. i dont think its needed, 2 XXX 15's will be plenty loud enough to shake your nuts or whatever you want them for. personally, i think that if you just want your nuts shaken, you should just get a girlfriend, they are cheaper and easier to replace if somethin goes wrong :thumbs_up
i agree.unless you plan on putting a 240amp alt under ur hood and a yellow top or 2 then i dont think youll even be able to power it.i dont think your really going to need 2 xxx 15's.i have one,and thats fine for me,since id like to focus more on competition this upcoming year i went and decided to just get a spl sub rather than a whole nother 15.try just 1 15 for now.or you could even go w/ an 18.for me,it gets to the point where i cant even tell if i turn it up its so loud/plus too much rattling.from my experience,deadening is A MUST when dealing with a sub of this magnitude(nice word eh?),of course though deadening is always a must.now,are you planning on using this sub for daily driving or spl comp?if daily then i recommend the 2 15's IF you can get at least a 240amp alt and 2 yellow's to run parallel w/ your cuttent batt.Dominick irraggi said that you can run 5kw w/ a 240amp alt and 2 yellow tops..i think daily..i dunno....i know dustin runs 6kw w/ a80amp alt and 1 yellowtop for spl comps so i think a 240amp alt and a yellow for daily will work as long as the amp draw isnt more than 400-600 from the amps,and you are driving most of the time.but really,1 15 will work man,i can outbump anyone i want to and thats fine for me.have you ever heard a xxx before?

yeah man for real do u even know what ur getting urself into? fuuckin 2 15" XXX's. That is just crazy. Thats beyond daily driving needs. Whatever floats ur boat.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif yep...very loud indeed

i have a single in an ext. cab s10 6.2cu @ 35hz....it honestly hurts my ears at points..........i don't think you'll need more than one......

you must have a buttload of resources sitting around if you're planning on droppin all the $$ for a dang system...

so yes it is possible, no it wont sound like ****, but do i need it...no. ok well yeah i think what i will do is just get one for now, build a box for two and have the divider thing, only run 1500 watts to it, and then when i want to compete and people start trying to beat me, i will just drop another one in there and put 1500 watts to that one. yeah i thought it would be pretty cool to have kodas in the rear doors along with the components up front because i love the kick that midbass has almost as much as i love getting punched in the back with some sub bass and it seriously making me want to puke. i have lots of $$ to spend on this, but im debating wether going to new york with some friends, or savin up a little bit more and gettin this system. but yeah i love bass and i know it will be loud but there are a few kids at my school that i must defeat. heres there setups.......2 kicker l7s in a very nicely built big sealed box with 1200 watts goin to each......and.........6 power acoustik 12s with 3 1800 watt amps. im not sure about the box, but i think its just a big wall in the back of a extended cab truck, and im not sure if the alt is stock or not, but could 1 xxx 15 with 1500 watts beat both of those???

And if i did get the 2 xxx 15's with 1500 watts goin to each, what numbers would i be putting up, if they were in a big ported box in the back of an suv? would it be good for competitions?

Why are we putting Koda's in the rear instead of the front?

Ditch the rear all together. Run the Koda's up front, give em about 100-150 watts a side. Put the 15XXX's in about 10 cubes with around 150" of port.

Why are we putting Koda's in the rear instead of the front?
Ditch the rear all together. Run the Koda's up front, give em about 100-150 watts a side. Put the 15XXX's in about 10 cubes with around 150" of port.
i will put some components up front, and i really dont feel like leaving the rear stock, and i dont want to buy all the components seperate i just wanna get a set. Plus kick panels look badass. would 10 cubes fit in an suv trunk? with 1500 watts goin to each in that box be alot and what would 150" of port make my tuning frequency go to? b/c isnt like 55" a 34hz or somethin? unless you are being a smartass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

flyasspimp

10+ year member
onebadmafugger
flyasspimp
The Ghetto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date