Good jazz/R&B songs to test system?

David Axelrod - The Fly, Holy Thursday, Merlin's Prophecy

Spyro Gyra - Walk The Walk, Silk & Satin, De La Luz

DJ Shadow - What Does Your Soul Look Like Part 1, Midnight In A Perfect World, Blood On The Motorway

Miles Davis - Blue In Green, Sweet Sue Just You, Ascent

John Coltrane - Crescent, The Last Blues, Equinox

any recording of the rippingtons, david benoit, russ freeman, fourplay

basically, anything on the GRP label

as for R&B...I have Toni Braxton's 1st 2 cds, and I think they sound great.

JLCivic- You listen to smooth jazz?Im a big fan. Chris botti, brian broomberg, dave koz, 4-80 east, etc etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thx guys, keep em coming!

JLCivic- You listen to smooth jazz?Im a big fan. Chris botti, brian broomberg, dave koz, 4-80 east, etc etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The Rippingtons "live in la" is 1 of my "showoff" cds for the car. They are probably my favorite contemporary jazz group.

paul hardcastle - lost in space

those high-hats are crazy, yet smooth!

also

Miles Davis - So what

johnny coltrane - tanganyika strut

some r & b:

some donnell jones

some kindred the family soul (especially: stars, far away)

some jodeci

a lotta good stuff somewhere in there

I usually listen Gangsta rap, like Mac 10, 50 Cent, WC, or even some softer stuff like Kanye West, Nellys, Da hol Nine, or lil Flip, but latley, I have been checking out some Smooth Jazz too...

One day, while tired of everything on the radio and flipping channles, I stumpled on a Smooth Jazz station... I was kinda diggin it.. I have been listening to it a lot off and on...

Since I'm new to it, I don't really know who all the big players or most popular artists are, I'm looking around and checking them out...

I mostly like the stuff with the sax, drums, cymbols and a bit of piano... Not really into the Vocals or not much atleast...

I'm kinda liking it, because its different, sounds good and is relaxing or kinda soothing, if that makes sense...

head over to http://www.smoothjazz.com and stream the station. Its the largest smooth jazz radio station online. Really good selection and some that arnt really even smooth jazz. some of the big players are:

- peter white

- euge groove

- richard elliot

- Boney james

- Rick braun

- dave koz

- Braxton brothers

- steve oliver

- Chriss botti

- Jeff golub

Check them out at cdnow.com, tell me what you think!

If you're into the smooth stuff, you might also like some of the older jazz. My personal favorite is Cannonball Adderley Mercy, Mercy, Mercy!

Also check out some latin.

Arturo Sandoval - Hot House

Arturo Sandoval - The Latin Train

some of the latin stuff even has a lotta bass on it.

Chuck Loeb: 'Mediterrian"

Lenny Kravitz: "5"

Both of these albums are incredable, Chuck Loeb's "Mediterrian", which is the title track of the cd was used on one of IASCA's comp test cd's, that's how I was turned on to it and when I bought the cd, I was highly amazed at the entire cd.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.