Good Deal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradpitch92

A friend of mine is getting me a deal at a car audio shop he works at and I am pretty new to car audio stuff and not really sure if its a good deal or not.

I have a '85 BMW 635CSi with an aftermarket head unit and four 4X6 speakers. My sound is awful.

My deck will be the Alpine CDE-143BT and he's giving it to me for $100. 18 RMS X 4 channels

My speakers will be the Kenwood FCX-463C 4X6 speakers (all around) that I'm getting for $70/pair. I don't really mind that it's still gonna be more expensive than online prices, it's much cheaper than the in store price and I will be getting virtually free installation. These are 30 RMS each.

My sub will be the Renegade 12in single sub and I'm getting that for $70 which includes the box. I found the sub for about $40 online at Creative Car Audio. Specs are:

300 Watts RMS, 500 Watts Max.

Impedance 4 Ohms

My amp will be the Renegade REN 1100 S that I'm getting for $90, and was able to find online at amazon for $91 bucks. It's a 4 channel too and the specs are:

4 x 75 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms

4 x 135 Watts RMS into 2 Ohms

He also said that my amp kit will cost about $30 and RCA will cost about $10. Is this about the normal price?

So I'm getting all that for $440. That's not super awesome and probably about the same if I wanted to buy everything online, but the sweet thing is the installation is going to cost me some beer which I'll gladly pay, and I can switch out Subs or Amps or Speakers whenever and I know he'll replace anything if I don't like it, blow it out, or want to try new stuff.

My main concern is the Renegade amp and sub. Anyone know anything about them? I believe they are a division of Rockford Fosgate here in the U.S., but that's all i know. I am willing to spend money on my parts because the free installation, so I'm definitely willing to get better parts if that's a good idea. I'm not looking for a system that will blow out my ears though, I'm not crazy about rap and I love country and alternative, I just want some good quality sound for the first time in my life. If anyone has some suggestions that be great.

Also, he said for the 4 channel amp, he said that they'll connect the 4 speakers to 2 of the channels, and then the other 4 channels will be for the sub. Will this under power my sub at all? And about the sub. What's the main difference between having two subs or just one sub?

Thanks for all the help!

Brad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.