Good combination of comps and coaxes for a setup?

well, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before anyone can help you.

what sizes of speakers are you looking for?

what car will these be going in?

what is your budget?

do you have an amp already, or will you be buying one?

also I assume you already have an aftermarket head unit. if you don't, definitely start by buying one.

yeah, I am not the best person to ask, but those are some absolutely necessary pieces of info before anyone can suggest anything.

hope I can help, if not some more experienced people on here will chime in as well

if you have a substage, IMO you really dont need rears, as long as you have a nice comp set up front with a good amp powering them, you'll be all set

yeah, I have comps up front and coaxes in the back, but I think the OP was looking for a specific pairing of speaker sets.

my opinion on just fronts versus rear fill is the car and whether or not rear passengers are in the car often.

in a 2 door car or a small 4 door, I would forget the rears. In a large 4 door car, it depends. I turn my subs off at night so I don't wake up neighbors and what not, so the rear fill is nice. I also have people ride in my back seat fairly often so the rear speakers help the sound for them too.

I have a re hc on 1500 watts. and i like a full sound, plus i'd prolly put my comps in the door so placement wouldn't be ideal. i want rear fill.

ok so whats your budget for 4 speakers?

For the rear, look at the Pioneer REVs, super good coaxials for a good price, as for comps, check out Rainbow, Focal, MbQuart, Diamond, Polk, and PG

And I would get a 4ch amp for the comps/coaxs, whats your budget for that?

for the coax i've heard polk, infinity kappa, JBL they sound great and support lot of power!

for the comps, Boston acoustic at least SL series, focal, PG RSD's, rainbow, etc

the 4 channel amp, JBL 75X4, us amp, rockford, Alpine, infinity, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.