Good bass w/o a sub?

WillyG4444
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ridgewood
I have a 2002 nissan sentra and stock it comes with a set of 6.5 components up front and 2 6.5 2 ways in the rear. There is also this 6.5 inch sub in the rear deck that is free air. (I dont even know if it does much) My question is will I get good bass response from a 6.5 component set in the front and one in the back (I know I know, only do the fronts, but I'm definetly getting a set for the rear to for the passengers hehe)

I was thinking of getting MB Quart PCE series components or possibly focal polykevlar series.

Also, is there any 6.5 inch sub that I can put in my rear deck free air and still sound decent? I was wondering if the eu700 will do this for me. Thanks a lot for your help!

Believe it or not the factory 6x9's in my Honda pounded pretty good with the Pioneer installed. Still no substitute for a sub though! If you can tolerate not having AS MUCH BASS as a sub I am sure you can do something. Look for something that plays down on the lower end. Can you fit a 8 in there?

get a 6 1/2 bazooka tube its cheap and ok for alittle bass.
i wouldnt even consider that plan. i have heard many cars with just two sets of components, amped of course, and they sounded **** good. but they are good comps with a good amp and good processing.

I have a 2002 nissan sentra and stock it comes with a set of 6.5 components up front and 2 6.5 2 ways in the rear. There is also this 6.5 inch sub in the rear deck that is free air. (I dont even know if it does much) My question is will I get good bass response from a 6.5 component set in the front and one in the back (I know I know, only do the fronts, but I'm definetly getting a set for the rear to for the passengers hehe)
I was thinking of getting MB Quart PCE series components or possibly focal polykevlar series.

Also, is there any 6.5 inch sub that I can put in my rear deck free air and still sound decent? I was wondering if the eu700 will do this for me. Thanks a lot for your help!
If you don't care about your rear passengers that much and if you've got the space, you could try a meatier 6.5", low-passed in the low 100's.

Something like this - Link

264-832m.jpg

BTW, are there any amps anywhere in this setup?

i wouldnt even consider that plan. i have heard many cars with just two sets of components, amped of course, and they sounded **** good. but they are good comps with a good amp and good processing.
I was just saying that because he didnt state a budget, high-end, low-end, etc... it was just a thought for some CHEAP thump.

Well, I'll definetly power the components with an amp. I'm confused about that though. Do I need a 4 channel for one set of components? So if I get two sets I'd need two 4 channels? Or does 1 tweeter and one midbass = 1 channel cause of the crossover? I dont get it. Are the focal polykevlars worth getting over the mb quart PCEs? Or are the utopias and the K2s the only worthy focal products that deliver clear highgs and real good midbass? And how would that 6.5 inch sub compare to an 6.5 inch eu700? Power specs are the same. Thanks again for the replies.

You won't need a 4-channel amp for a single set of components.

If you do end up with a two component-set setup (one set front, one set rear - and don't let the haters derail you from wanting that rear fill....I have two sets of components going and think it sounds juuuuust fine! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) then a single 4-channel amp will serve satisfactorily.

One midrange driver + one tweeter = a single amplifier channel needed to push them.

As for your inquiries about the brand comparisons I haven't any experience with any of those models so I cannot directly comment.

If you don't care about your rear passengers that much and if you've got the space, you could try a meatier 6.5", low-passed in the low 100's.
Something like this - Link

264-832m.jpg

BTW, are there any amps anywhere in this setup?
That looks neat! Now you have me thinking about those for my truck! What size sealed box would they need? Anyone know what THE HARDEST HITTING bass 6.5 on the planet is?

also for the best possible sound with components, i would highle reccomend some form of time alignment. especially if you are going to run rear speakers.

Would that woofer work free air into my rear deck? I don't want it to sound like crap but how would I make a box for it? Or should I just put it in my trunk with a box?

Anyone know what THE HARDEST HITTING bass 6.5 on the planet is?
Probably the RE xxx or Adire Extremis take that crown, as I know of no other current 6.5 with 13mm xmax or more. Im installing some xxx's in my 4x4 right now that I plan on highpassing around 50hz, with no subwoofer installed. Im quite curious to see how it works out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Probably the RE xxx or Adire Extremis take that crown, as I know of no other current 6.5 with 13mm xmax or more. Im installing some xxx's in my 4x4 right now that I plan on highpassing around 50hz, with no subwoofer installed. Im quite curious to see how it works out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
With the XXX they still don't have a X-over unless you come up with your own do they? I am grey on the XXX and how you would run it.

sound deadening will make a huge difference too, right now I alternate my crossover point for my Dls Up6's between 63hz and 50hz depending on what I'm listeneing to, and they sound so good in well sealed/deadened doors I almost don't need a sub...but I got an Iridium 10 anyway, and it owns.

With the XXX they still don't have a X-over unless you come up with your own do they? I am grey on the XXX and how you would run it.
No crossover. They've still not released a full xxx comp set including crossover and tweetr, just the raw mid. Id suggest running it with an active xo network in most situations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.