Good 5.25" Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

crea78
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What are some very good 5.25" speakers that are on par with Rainbow Germaniums. I find out that 6.5s will not fit very well into my door panel ('98 Hond Civic coupe) without major modification, and I don't want to pay A LOT of money to have the install done.

Give me some recommendations that has very good SQ that will blend in well with a Rainbow Profi 12"

You're car calls for 6.5's..
I think the numbnuts he took the car to are giving him a hard time because he didnt buy them from there. Its so elementary and very little to no modification needed. The sad thing is hes a repeat customer from that shop and they are trying to sell'm a comp set with mids basically the same size!

I think Manny is right. My Forester has one of the thinnest door panel to work with, you can barely put a 2" depth speakers in the door without spacers. Even that I only need less than 1" spacer to fit the Rainbows, bucket diameter is no problem. I can't see why Rainbows set (assume profi or lower) would ever not fit any stock 6.5" with basic spacers.

I think the numbnuts he took the car to are giving him a hard time because he didnt buy them from there. Its so elementary and very little to no modification needed. The sad thing is hes a repeat customer from that shop and they are trying to sell'm a comp set with mids basically the same size!

I'm keeping the Germaniums. Gonna be pretty expensive install nevertheless because of the way my OEM speaker location is. Install won't be as much as the first shop, but the place I'm going with will also do a good job for about 1/2 the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.