Go with SA12's or something else

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kevinl
10+ year member

Phoenix
Well after a decade and 3 vehicles one of my JL 12w0's finally gave up the ghost

I am running a Rockford Fosgate T1000 BDCP in a dual ported enclosure with 1.6 cu ft per chamber

I have a 160a alt and the big three done so I plan on running 1 ohm vehicles is an 2005 Chevrolet Suburban

Well after a decade and 3 vehicles one of my JL 12w0's finally gave up the ghost
I am running a Rockford Fosgate T1000 BDCP in a dual ported enclosure with 1.6 cu ft per chamber

I have a 160a alt and the big three done so I plan on running 1 ohm vehicles is an 2005 Chevrolet Suburban
sas are great subs but they wont be pushed very hard by that amp if ur set on using it build a custom box for them a little on the big side and they will do nicely

I would not do 2 sas on that power. I would go one sa15 maybe in a custom box. Two would be begging for more power. In the right hands they can take 1200-1500 daily each, in my experience they sound best with 1000+ apiece. But don't get me on wrong they are good on that power but shine on more. I would do a single sa 15 or maybe even a obsidian audio 18 on that power. What r ur goals spl or sq maybe sql? How much room u willing to give up?

sql

I would like to stay with two 12's I may use the t1000 in a different vehicle later and get a more powerful amp but not sure

I actually bought the t1000 to use in my BMW but the trunk in that car poses some issues (metal firewall between trunk and back seats

For sql I would look at the obsidian audio 12s they are a bit more musically geared then the sa's. The new v3's are on preorder now and are a upgrade from the v2's in the low end extension aka low bass. If budget is high enough the ia flatlynes are sweet sq subs with great output. The ssa gcon or icon are another. option. There are many options other than sundown. I can't speak personally for the ssa subs but the oas and ia flatlynes both sound better than sa's to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.