GMC Yukon, $1200 buget, looking to replace existing system

Participant count
  • Participant list

grantg

Hello,

I inherited a 2002 Yukon with a 4 channel pioneer head unit, 500 watt boston amp, and 2 12" Boston G1s in a ported box.

I am rather new to audio and am wondering what I can do with $1200 to upgrade. I'm looking for about a 50/50 SPL vs SQ but leaning on the SPL side.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated!

I could be totally wrong on this, but I have the Denali Yukon. It comes with Bose audio (and I believe a semi decent amp). Again, I could be totally wrong, but when I turn it up, the stock Bose system does pretty well for a factory system.

I'm looking more to upgrade the subs. The Bostons do alright but they fall short a little bit. I'm looking to put some decent, pounding subs in.

Well, where do I start. I've been going through post after post here and I keep seeing SSA products pop up.

How do I put two GCONs in and power them properly? Those things would be my dream.

only 600 watts rms tho.i'd go with at least 1000 watts rms each and an amp to power them.dc lvl 4 subs and at least a 2000 watt amp or sundown suds and amps.there are 2 saz 2500 on here for 550 each and that still leaves 650 for new subs.or like i said hit me back i can help with subs and amps also.

Awesome suggestions. First though, how much power can my car handle? I'm assuming I'm going to have to do the big 3. Do I have to put in a performance battery and how much would that be? How much power does my Yukon alternator put out?

Keep in mind I have to keep it all under $1200. I hope I can use the existing wiring that goes to the amp but I have to see what gauge it is.

Thanks. This is looking pretty cool

Awesome suggestions. First though, how much power can my car handle? I'm assuming I'm going to have to do the big 3. Do I have to put in a performance battery and how much would that be? How much power does my Yukon alternator put out?
Keep in mind I have to keep it all under $1200. I hope I can use the existing wiring that goes to the amp but I have to see what gauge it is.

Thanks. This is looking pretty cool
Your truck can handle whatever you want it to with the proper upgrades. Your Yukon stock alternator is rated at 105 Amps. I believe it's the same as my stock Escalade alternator. Definitely take into account all future upgrades. If you're even thinking of adding additional amps, etc just run the good 1 AWG OFC wire in the first place. I am still looking into batteries myself. What I am going to do is get one rear battery for now to feed my Soundstream DTR3400. I am also planning in the future on getting another DTR and running each amp to each 18" Fi BL. At that point, I will add an additional matching battery.

I am big on making sure I have enough or even too much power and adjusting the gains appropriately... No need in making your amps sweat at the beach if you know what I mean.

Keep in touch with mylows, he'll help you out with the specifics.

sorry to tell you , but anything over 700 watts rms in these suv's you'll need a bigger alt and better battery,the big 3 just wont do it as good you might think

at least a second battery or alt,,then 0 gauge wires .also the big 3 then you can do pretty much what you want.a decent alt will be costly ,around 300 + and the wire could be another 50 - 100.so thats 400 ,alone . keep the subs you have for now , but a bigger amp to run them ,sell your boston amp to help pay for a new one ,add components in the frt doors,and an amp on them.ported box too.if you send me some pics of your alt in the engine compartment ,i may have one for you .also like i said i can help with everything you will want and need .components,amps, wire,alt,even box if needed.and eventually new subs.if you were local i would have a complete set up for you with box too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

grantg

grantg
Phoenix
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mylows10